Pain relief for dogs

thanks mrseggy :) That was my problem - I didn't know what strength the baby one was.

Youre welcome, ive just double checked the baby calpol and yes its 125mg to 5mls :)

oh and totally off topic i was gonna PM you, but do you stock skinners dog food and deliver in S6 ?

Thanks guys, she's had her calpol now. Fingers crossed I don't have to kip on the couch tonight!

Ours just had a bit of a tummy bug thing going on and we bought some Kaolin and morphine from the chemist. Again on vet advice

I hope everyone's got the advice needed.

Could I just add, not to give dogs human meds that are 'Enteric Coated', they're the ones we take that have the smooth, sweeter coating (rather than the normal powdery, rough state)

Dogs can't digest it properly, and if given over a period of time, they can OD as their gut takes longer to break it down, so a few days dose can actually in effect 'hit' them all at once as the digestive process works, I found this out after researching Human Meds for my dogs arthritis....It should state on the pack if the meds are 'Enteric Coated'

Hope this is useful, x

I read in the Asda magazine their pharmacy sells 'affordable' doggy medicine, not sure what type but might be worth a try. Hope bubble gets better soon.

Have u not had him to the vet Lotti? Any chance he could've eaten something and it be causing an obstruction? Sounds nasty if it's preventing him from sleeping and he's crying out

how is bubbles today?hope she is much better and you managed some sleep!

smudge, the first time Bubble had a bad tummy I honestly thought she was dying and rushed her to the vet. I was told, she had a tummy ache and is a drama queen. She's done it several times since! I have already felt for an obstruction and her tummy feels normal as far as I can tell so I didn't rush her there.

She's not well this morning at all however, I've phoned the vets and they can't get me in until 2:45 so I'll just have to stay in and keep an eye on her and call them again to fit her in earlier if she gets any worse.

This morning she's come out of her crate covered in diarrhoea and vomit, the kitchen smells like something died in there and she's thrown up any water she's tried to drink.

Hence, I will be keeping an eye on her and get her in sooner if she does get any worse because I wasn't happy about waiting til this afternoon anyway. I'll try to get some fluids in her using a syringe little and often instead of letting her at a bowl full but the poor thing just isn't a happy girl at all.

On the plus side for the neighbours, she made no noise last night but that in itself worries me that she's poo'd in her crate and not even cried. She's not crying now either, just laid doing nothing really :(

Oh no!! Have you tried other vets to see if they have an earlier app?abbey or beech house I find r quite good at getting you in.poor bubbles,do keep us updated hun xx

Oh no she doesn't sound too good at all does she Lotti, I hope that she's ok...get well soon, poor old Bubble :(

I think she needs a vet now Lotti, some nasty stuff going round at the min and she has clearly deteriorated overnight. Poor thing :(