Pain relief for dogs

Hi guys,

She's actually perked up quite a bit over the last hour and has managed some water that I boiled and left to cool to lukewarm temperature and I'm only letting her have a small amount at a time. She's no longer staying in her bed, she's now having a mooch about in the garden (and not eating grass) and has tried stealing from the worktop (that's my girl!).

Strangely, she has done a normal poo... so I'm wondering if it was actually vomit in her crate and she's just laid her back end in it - because there's no sign of diarrhoea, which is a relief.

For now, I'll keep an eye on her because she's not as bad as I thought - but honestly if she needs to go sooner, she will. I wouldn't risk her being harmed by being too late to the vet.

Glad she's done a normal poo and is at least keeping <something> down. :love:

Get well soon Bubbs, I have a spider that needs disposing of! :hihi:

Bubble went to the vets yesterday and was given antibiotic, pain killer and anti nausea jabs, I was also given some rehydration powder to put in her water and told to try to get her to drink as much as she can and keep it down but obviously in small amounts.

The vet couldn't feel an obstruction but was concerned there may be one from her symptoms but because she had perked up part way through the day she wanted to try this route before xrays etc.

Since then she's managed just over a pint of water (with the rehydration solution in) and kept it all down, last night she was still quite unwell and curled up in her crate and fell asleep at 7pm which is very unlike her. However, this morning she is totally back to being Bubble!

She's got an appointment to go back this morning to see if the vet is happy or whether she wants to do xray and put her on a drip - however, she is obviously fully rehydrated now and seems absolutely fine in herself, and is keeping water down. I'm about to call the vet and see if I can not worry about taking her in or whether she still wants to see her.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and well wishes - they worked!! She's pretty much back to being a little ****! :D

Glad that Bubble is feeling better. I hope she continues to improve :) It is such a worry when they are ill and you can't work out what the problem is :(