What books do you remember from childhood?

Why not? They're great:)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

the tiger who came to tea. i loved that book.

Now there's another one I read to my kids for what seemed like years. It got to the stage where I knew it word for word :D

Everything by Dr. Suess. Wonderful stories and fantastic characters. My daughter leaned to read with my old collection.

Enid Blyton was seen as a thieving, jackbooted racist thug for stealing the Br'er Rabbit stories from black folk and claiming them as her own. I hope the steely toed Victorian cow is burning in hell for that.

Everything by Dr. Suess. Wonderful stories and fantastic characters. My daughter leaned to read with my old collection.

Enid Blyton was seen as a thieving, jackbooted racist thug for stealing the Br'er Rabbit stories from black folk and claiming them as her own. I hope the steely toed Victorian cow is burning in hell for that.

You've reminded me of the Br'er Rabbit stories. They were great, although I did get into bother once when I asked was a Coon was, as in Br'er Coon.

What a superb book with brilliant illustration. :cool: I read this book to my kids so many times and it never got boring for any of us. Now wondering where it got to, a trip to the loft is most definitely in order :help:

Definitely worth a loft trip; when my mum gave me my copy I got all sentimental!

Yeah the illustrations were excellent-the ones of Little Bear messing around standing on his head and doing roly polys in bed used to make me howl with laughter when I was little. Still have the ability to make me chuckle aged 23!

The 1971 yellow pages ..... Tough reading though

I remember my teacher, in J4, reading the class a very touching book called "The Silver Sword", by Ian Serraillier.

It was set in Warsaw, during and immediately after the second-world war, and touches on refugees, and families being separated.

I remember this story being serialised on children's TV in the 50s, and I think a young Melvin Hayes had a part. We didn't have a TV at that time and would go to my grandma's to watch it on a Sunday afternoon. It always stuck in my mind.

Fluff and Nip

from the "Dick and Dora" books? The "Here We Go, Happy Readers" Series?

I remember one about a little black boy called Epaninandos ( sp ) loved it !

Kate