Sheffield half marathon

Yeh and thanks alot for the gridlocked city, why oh why cant they move these races out to the countryside.

Moan moan moan - it was all over by midday!

Moan moan moan - it was all over by midday!

Yeh so was my morning stuck in traffic.

Yeh and thanks alot for the gridlocked city, why oh why cant they move these races out to the countryside.

FFS!

A FEW roads are closed for SEVERAL hours ONCE a year, and all people can do is moan!

Did you not see the plethora of street signs all over the City which have been advertising the event for the last few weeks?!

Do you not appreciate the many thousands of pounds raised for deserving local charities?

No I thought not - all you're concerned about is yourself.....

I'd also argue that the organisers went to some lengths to avoid road closures wherever possible - hence the strange shortcut through the NCP car park, and the use of underpasses twice to avoid having to close large sections of the ring road.

Also, the event specifically banned walkers and had a three-hour cut off time to ensure all was back to normal by lunchtime. Still, can't please everyone, can you!

THe knock on effect around Attercliffe was emense and for quite a while after the event, in this day and age people use the roads a hell of alot more, if people want to run then why not do laps round Don Valley, or go out in the country around one of the many peak trails.

Not very often I get a weekend off and to have to sit in traffic all morning is not pleasant so a few people can cause disruption running through the city.

This is not what I pay council tax for.

THe knock on effect around Attercliffe was emense and for quite a while after the event, in this day and age people use the roads a hell of alot more, if people want to run then why not do laps round Don Valley, or go out in the country around one of the many peak trails.

Not very often I get a weekend off and to have to sit in traffic all morning is not pleasant so a few people can cause disruption running through the city.

And I pay my Council Tax to run around the streets of Sheffield once a year!

Well done to everyone that completed it and especially those raising money for good causes. Hopefully you have made a big difference to lots of Sheffield Charities.

Anyone that is suffering with sore legs etc... today, check out the deal on our site for a 1hr 15 min sports massage for only £15

http://www.sheffielddealoftheday.co.uk/index.php/frontend/campaigns/single/122/15-instead-of-40-for-a-1hr-15-Sports-Massage-63-Saving-One-Therapies

Well done everyone, really proud of each and everyone of you... now to start my training for race for life eek... and that's only 5k?!

Shut up you whinging fool.

If you're not capable of finding a way round the closed off streets that you were told about months in advance (and don't change each year) you shouldn't be driving.

Those few hours one weekend a year are a real bind.

I bet you moaned about the street closures on royal wedding day too.

A brilliant day and well organised. This was my first time and I will be back for more. The people of Sheffield are fantastic and made the day the success it was so a massive thanks to all who cheered and a special thank you to the ladies handing out Jelly Babies in Fitzalan Sq just the boost I needed. :)

A brilliant day and well organised. This was my first time and I will be back for more. The people of Sheffield are fantastic and made the day the success it was so a massive thanks to all who cheered and a special thank you to the ladies handing out Jelly Babies in Fitzalan Sq just the boost I needed. :)

If you get chance, try the great north run. The atmosphere is incredible - 40,000 runners too! It's a really nice chance to see the nice side of people I think, and raises loads for charities too. Everyone's a winner!

Shut up you whinging fool.

If you're not capable of finding a way round the closed off streets that you were told about months in advance (and don't change each year) you shouldn't be driving.

Those few hours one weekend a year are a real bind.

I bet you moaned about the street closures on royal wedding day too.

If people want to run, they can use the pavements or go do it out the way of people trying to get about their business, I wasn't the only one stuck in traffic for these once a year runners.