A new council and a clean slate. What do you want?

I agree. The results in Sheffield, as in other parts of the country, reflected national lib dem policies rather than the efforts of the lib dems on Sheffield Council.

What clean slate?

The new Labour council is still tainted by the bad management decisions and the stupid waste of money it made in the past which Sheffielders are still paying for. Just because we have a new Labour council shouldn't mean we suddenly forget that fact.

But.. I would like to see the Labour leader now produce a prospective budget setting out details of what they now plan to do to make them better and more efficient than they were in the past. I would also like to see more public consultations and involvement where the council don't just consult because they have to but actually act upon.

That is an interesting claim ricgem. I'm pretty sure that the council make Employer contributions to pensions, just like many decent private sector employers.

Other than that... what do you mean?

sorry you dont understand the question :hihi:

So, what money should the council use to pay it's employer's pension contributions for its employees?
not the council taxpayers :huh:

So, what money should the council use to pay it's employer's pension contributions for its employees?
not the council taxpayers :huh:
So, WHAT money should the council use to pay its employer's pension contributions? The council's only income is council tax and central government grant - ie income tax, etc., which is ultimately council taxpayers' money. Who do you work for? I demand that your employer not pay into your pension either.

So, WHAT money should the council use to pay its employer's pension contributions? The council's only income is council tax and central government grant - ie income tax, etc., which is ultimately council taxpayers' money. Who do you work for? I demand that your employer not pay into your pension either.
i demand that you pay into my pension pot seeing as you dont care where your your money goes Edited by ricgem2002