A new council and a clean slate. What do you want?

I would like them to make me Mayor.:cool:

I would make a good mayor as I used to wear a medallion!:D

AFAIK no-one in Sheffield has recieved free swimming passes, not even the over 60s.

Crap innit? :rolleyes:

I think it's a shame, as my understanding was that it was a heavily subsidised scheme, if only the local council were prepared to pay a fraction of the costs, and lots of other councils have done it, most, in fact, if I am informed correctly.

Hosting Lib Dem conferences?
Lib Dem conferences are paid for by Lib Dems not Sheffield council.

Id be happy with some more legeal graffiti walls where artists can go and paint big murals

Lib Dem conferences are paid for by Lib Dems not Sheffield council.

I presumed as the phenomenal costs to South Yorkshire police had to be found locally, for the pleasure, that there would have to be other costs footed by the council too.

Aren't the Inner Relief Road and Penistone Road big enough for you (Wicker and Hillsborough bus gates)?
The problem with the Hillsborough bus gate is that drivers going towards Malin Bridge will do whatever they can to get onto Infirmary Road/Middlewood Road and then wonder why they've been funnelled onto Ripley Street/Taplin Road instead of tootling along Penistone Road.

The problem at the northern end is that the road layout makes it easy to just flow straight down Middlewood Road instead of choosing to turn off and squeeze down Catch Bar Lane. I have hopes that this can be fixed when the Claywheels Lane bypass is built, as long as the junction at the Middlewood Road end is properly engineered to flow the traffic onto the bypass, not built so drivers have to choose to go along the bypass.

The southern end already flows traffic onto Penistone Road, drivers are choosing to make 90-degree turns off Penistone Road to get onto back streets just so they can encounter a bus gate blocking their further progress.

i hope the new labour council will (A) stop paying half a million quid to subsidise the union employees (B)stop using council tax money to fund pensions for council employees© learn from the mistakes of the past and do some good for the city and listen to its people :roll:

Guest sibon
(B)stop using council tax money to fund pensions for council employees

That is an interesting claim ricgem. I'm pretty sure that the council make Employer contributions to pensions, just like many decent private sector employers.

Other than that... what do you mean?

stop using council tax money to fund pensions for council employees
So, what money should the council use to pay it's employer's pension contributions for its employees?

The number of black cabs reduced to around the 500 mark

To kick up a fuss about how bad our pubilc transport is in Sheffield and to scream and kick about extending the tramlines to the Government

To change the policy of council housing, to many priory places given to flats/houses

To keep the " Streetscene " upto standard , streetlights working, grass cut , trees trimmed , potholes fixed , until PFI money is here

A review into traffic flow on High Street / Church Street and then the penny might drop that Fargate needs to be opened up to buses again.

A review into the Woodseats traffic problems and to push the government for money for a park and ride at Meadowhead

I don't want to see the tram gates revert to 24/7. :shakes:

Where my son lives, the council have recently given them one bin for all recyclables, paper, aluminium cans, glass, plastic etc in place of the boxes and bags they previously had to use. I don't know why Sheffield can't introduce a similar system. They also have a black bin (which we've already got) for general waste, and a brown/green bin for garden rubbish. Easier for householders, and easier to collect. Black & Silver bins are alternate weeks, and garden bin is monthly.

The council took a decision to reduce the allowances paid to councillors. The 2010/11 accounts show the allowances are less than in previous years. I hope that isn't reversed too quickly, given the need for financial prudence.