What do you think of Virgin Media ?

Also is it possible to just have the phone and internet without the TV?

It is, though they don't offer a bundle deal with less things (obviously).

Personally, I just have the BB. Virgin's phone lines are expensive. It was costing more than my mobile for largely the same calls, so I no longer have the land line.

If I could get it I'd have the phone line from Virgin, and pay it myself... Cos the Housing never pay the BT phone line bill on time! :rant:

And before I get jumped on, what happens is that they pay the line rental, I pay for the calls.

Cos the Housing never pay the BT phone line bill on time! :rant:

Cant be bad. :rolleyes:

i get a quater of the broadband speed i pay for, even less at busy times, the tv frequently develops a fault so i spend a fair while switching the darn thing on and off again.

we were also "accidently" disconnected at the box one day after the second engineer came out and complained about the bad job the first one had done, lol

Virgin Mobile is absolutely rubbish, I am in S10 and when I am at home I get SOS only. Their call centre for mobile is awful as well.

We don't get cable up here so I can't comment on that.

If I could get it I'd have the phone line from Virgin, and pay it myself... Cos the Housing never pay the BT phone line bill on time! :rant:

And before I get jumped on, what happens is that they pay the line rental, I pay for the calls.

life of riley eh:rolleyes:

The BB product itself is pretty good, though it's restricted to buggery for NNTP and P2P until 12pm. Usenet is practically unusable during the day it's so staggeringly slow.

They also have capping limits which (IMHO) are draconian. On every package that is subject to caps, you're likely to break them within an hour if you actually use it full whack.

The customer service is so bad it's hard to describe. You would have to seriously try or get up early to practice to be any worse.

All of the problems I've ever had are down to Virgin either not maintaining their network correctly / masively oversubscribing particular areas. The last time that happened it was no service for 8 months! Virgin were zero help.

Having said that, when it works and you're not subject to caps, it works, though I think it's expensive for what it is.

The second there's viable competition for cabled broadband (that's not BT), I think we'll start to see some improvement.

i just do my downloads after 9pm as they dont count what you download so it escapes the capping

but you are right they are a bit tight in how much you can download in the day

Internet was good (downloaded at night to avoid the cap), customer support was dreadfull though.

i just do my downloads after 9pm as they dont count what you download so it escapes the capping but you are right they are a bit tight in how much you can download in the day

Indeed, I have started doing that for HTTP traffic, but NNTP and P2P are capped until 12 midnight, so it's generally a "leave on all night" affair.

So much for energy efficiency and Virgin Media's green credentials.

Cant be bad. :rolleyes:

Um..

What happens, is that they pay the line rental. I pay for the calls

Left that bit out didn't you? :rolleyes:

Um..

Left that bit out didn't you? :rolleyes:

I wish someone payed my line rental, but no I have to go out to work and pay it myself, at least I know my tax I pay goes towards someone else's :loopy:

Ive been with them for a while, but after attempting to pay my bill on their site and having to ring them,gave the card details to their employee( to be told there was a problem with their banking service) and she coul;dnt tell if it had gone through, she rang me back later in the day and when i asked confirmed that the payment didnt go through, so i paid it again, today found that 2 payments had been taken from my account!!. On ringing them i was told that they could refund the money after 72 hours,but as another bill was due shortly i may aswell leave the payment. Thats not really the point though, customer service....non existant, no apology at all. A change of services may be in order i think.