What do you think of Virgin Media ?

Same here been with them from begining never had a issue with tv little probs years ago with net but nothing major plus get about £34 loyalty pack

When I phoned Virgin with a broadband problem the overseas helpline tried but were not really up to the task,eventually I was put through to UK based technical support who sorted me in seconds .

A tip I was given is if you need technical support ask for customer relations who will then put you through to genuine UK based technical support.

100% satisfied here too, been with cable in the s6 area since 1995 and never had a problem, with either the package or customer services, currently on L tv, L broadband and L phone for £35 a month. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Same here - go back to the old Yorkshire Cable days and have no problems .

When they are good (which is most of the time) they are very good but if something does go wrong their customer services are a bit of a joke. TV is OK but to be honest I don't use it that much but cable broadband is sooooo much better than ADSL.

100% satisfied here too, been with cable in the s6 area since 1995 and never had a problem, with either the package or customer services, currently on L tv, L broadband and L phone for £35 a month. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ditto. We had a slight problem with our box not talking to the TV and they came out and replaced it 3 times, got their chief engineer out this was in the matter of days - turned out it was the Tv that had gone and not Virgin after all - I have just recently moved and had to go to Sky, as its not a cable area. Sky isnt as good a Virgin.

Best ISP in uk i guess,never had a problem with them although i agree, the tv service is rubbish.

I am in S8 and hve to say I have had no major problems with Virgin. I recently went over to having my bill online, as I objected to payin g for Paper bill Although I see the amount,I never seem to be able to get the breakdown I am not too fond of speaking to somebody in India as I don't understand them, nor them me!! The last time I rang ( couldn't play a dvd) it was a Welsh girl I spoke too!! I did think to look behind the tv and oops, the plug had come out!!! Result, put it back and merrily watched my dvd!!!!

I'm happy with virgin media and the broadband is fast.

They are quite good, they always give us a better deal every year. Never got one on the sport tho!! Which is a shame! And im never keen on calling them as I always seem to get through to India or Bangladesh!

Was just checking their prices and availability as my Orange contract runs out soon and was not too impressed at having to provide them with a full 'spamming' kit of information to find out what services they can provide.

What is wrong with a box where you just put in your postcode?

Also is it possible to just have the phone and internet without the TV? It seems a bit daft to pay for TV when I already have about five digiboxes in the house.

John X

The BB product itself is pretty good, though it's restricted to buggery for NNTP and P2P until 12pm. Usenet is practically unusable during the day it's so staggeringly slow.

They also have capping limits which (IMHO) are draconian. On every package that is subject to caps, you're likely to break them within an hour if you actually use it full whack.

The customer service is so bad it's hard to describe. You would have to seriously try or get up early to practice to be any worse.

All of the problems I've ever had are down to Virgin either not maintaining their network correctly / masively oversubscribing particular areas. The last time that happened it was no service for 8 months! Virgin were zero help.

Having said that, when it works and you're not subject to caps, it works, though I think it's expensive for what it is.

The second there's viable competition for cabled broadband (that's not BT), I think we'll start to see some improvement.