What do you think of Virgin Media ?

Anyone on here a customer of Virgin Media and have a package deal ?

Wife and I have been with Virgin Media since they began......before them:

Yorkshire Cable, telewest, blueyonder.......14 years in all during which time we had no problems with the former companies, then Virgin Media came along - problems !

Whenever you switch on your set top box and try to access program information, you either get: this channel is not available at the moment please try later - or, there is no program information shown.

Since Virgin changed their website, we have been without Virgin Mail and Outlook Express since 21st March ( 48 days ), our username and password just bounces back.

We have contacted them by phone numerous times, sent in complaint forms and all they say is that they are working to get it fixed as fast as possible....... they keep billing us though for the full amount of our broadband service even though they are only giving us half of the service.......bit fed-up of this situation now so have written to Virgin Media Complaints in Swansea - awaiting some responce from them - everything was previously working ok before they messed about changing the website.....if somethings working ok why mess with it and create problems for paying customers ?

The Virgin TV service is terrible. They've got the right idea, and if it worked correctly it would be brilliant, but it's not. Forever freezing, taking ages to do a simple channel change, service not available, missing tv listings etc. Can't fault them for the broadband though.

I agree the TV service is not up to scratch, particularly when it reboots in the middle of something I'm watching, or when it takes ages to change channel because the box is not fast enough. Often, the catch up service is not available which really winds me up.

And it's a nightmare when their programme listings are out of date, or wrong, which means that you can't record what you want.

I think the broadband is good, and has improved, no real complaints there.

The phone service leaves a lot to be desired. It's ridiculously expensive. They round up to the next minute which I think is disgusting. Their 'inclusive' packages are anything but! The add-on services you pay a premium for each month don't work for about a third of the time! Their charges for mobiles and 0845 numbers is absolutely disgusting - about 40 odd pence a minute!

In short, they want to charge you for a Gold Star Service when you're not even getting bronze with the TV and phone! There should be an end to the exorbitant 0845 charges. It's over a quid every time I phone my GP Surgery, which is disgusting.

By the way, JOHN HABS, I've found (or rather my dad did!) that if you press the 'i' button twice, then you often get the programme information, it's there, but it just doesn't come up the first time you press 'i' - absolutely pathetic considering the technology you are paying for, but hope this helps!

I tried to get Virgin phone and Broadband when I first moved into the Flat in August 2006, they couldn't serve me, but they were able to serve 2 doors away on the same side of my road! :loopy:

I've got nothing but 100% praise for Virgin Media.

Got the 50Mb Broadband which is fantastic, the XL TV package is fantastic, the V+ unit is fantastic and the land phone is free at all times.

Customer service has been fantastic whenever I've had to call them, although I've occasionally had some Indian idiots talking complete jibberish where I've had to apologise and ask for someone who can speak the Queens English.

10/10 from me.

I've got nothing but 100% praise for Virgin Media.

Got the 50Mb Broadband which is fantastic, the XL TV package is fantastic, the V+ unit is fantastic and the land phone is free at all times.

Customer service has been fantastic whenever I've had to call them, although I've occasionally had some Indian idiots talking complete jibberish where I've had to apologise and ask for someone who can speak the Queens English.

10/10 from me.

Me too! We have TV, broadband and home phone from them. I used to have a mobile with them too. I have had occasional problems with the phone, when i have had no service at all, but it doesn't last long. No problems with the internet at all.

Love the TV Virgin+ box we have. Sometimes we do get the "no programme information" message, but it only lasts a couple of minutes

One strange thing is that some programmes recorded over a year ago won't delete. They do temporarily, and then the day after they appear again! They don't take any room up out of the 79 hours we have available to record, but it is a bit annoying that you can't delete them completely.

One strange thing is that some programmes recorded over a year ago won't delete. They do temporarily, and then the day after they appear again! They don't take any room up out of the 79 hours we have available to record, but it is a bit annoying that you can't delete them completely.

We've had that before which was sorted with a firmware update! We rang them ages ago and they told us how to update it through the menu (can't rmember now).

Am down copper but the broadband is reliable if a little slow. TV is fine. Can't fault them. If I do have a problem, like when I changed my router password and then forgot, I get to talk to someone quickly to sort-out the problem.

someone who can speak the Queens English.

Not a call centre in Newcastle, Glasgow or Liverpool then?

John X

Me too! We have TV, broadband and home phone from them. I used to have a mobile with them too. I have had occasional problems with the phone, when i have had no service at all, but it doesn't last long. No problems with the internet at all.

Love the TV Virgin+ box we have. Sometimes we do get the "no programme information" message, but it only lasts a couple of minutes

100% satisfied here too, been with cable in the s6 area since 1995 and never had a problem, with either the package or customer services, currently on L tv, L broadband and L phone for £35 a month. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not a call centre in Newcastle, Glasgow or Liverpool then?

John X

They actually transferred the call to someone with a Yorkshire accent.

no complaints from me about virgin, ive been with them for years and cannot fault the service given