Bin Laden's Funeral

EDL or Bin Laden Nutters  

83 members have voted

1. 1. EDL or Bin Laden Nutters

• I support the EDL in this protest
    • I don't support the EDL in this protest
    • I wouldn't support the EDL whatever the reason
    • I support the Bin Laden supporters and their right to protest

Although I wouldn't support the EDL in principle I'd have to support them and wish then all the best in their protest against this bunch of nutters protesting outside the American Embassy. Do you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384353/Osama-bin-Laden-mock-funeral-Fury-erupts-outside-US-Embassy-London.html

Edited by Frank Sidney

Edited by donkey

Although I wouldn't support the EDL in principle I'd have to support them and wish then all the best in their protest against this bunch of nutters protesting outside the American Embassy. Do you?

Can you elaborate on the story you are referring to please.

Can you elaborate on the story you are referring to please.

sorry i've put the link on the original post...

Well somebody has to stand up to the muslamic ray guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1jDcAHkc8

Well there lies the difference between Press TV and the BBC. The BBC wouldn't stoop to taking advantage of the mentally disabled for propaganda purposes.

As for the poll, there is no option for "I don't support the EDL or the Islamist Nutters, but I do begrudgingly support their rights to be idiots".

Having just read the article, I find it hypocritical that the muslims were protesting about Bin Ladens death, yet carrying placards reading things like "Islam will dominate the world" and "western injustice"

Yet, in their minds, it is ok for terrorists to commit atrocities like 7/7 & 9/11 - also warning that there will be terror attacks in revenge for Bin Ladens death...

It makes me wonder, how many of those protesters came here as asylum seekers, who are more than happy to sponge off of the British taxpayer - or even born here, but are content to take advantage of the system while still objecting.

If they dont like it, im sure the government will be more than happy to give them a one way plane ticket..

We made a rod for our own backs with this, pandering to the muslims because of fears of being called racist etc.

This protest SHOULD NOT have been allowed, both the muslim protesters and the EDL should have been banned from the city centre - but thats just my opinion.....

Edited by Ghostrider

Well there lies the difference between Press TV and the BBC. The BBC wouldn't stoop to taking advantage of the mentally disabled for propaganda purposes.

As for the poll, there is no option for "I don't support the EDL or the Islamist Nutters, but I do begrudgingly support their rights to be idiots".

seconded. .....

These scum protesters need either throwing in jail, or where applicable, face immediate extradition.

unfortunately, if we are to protect our own rights to be heard and to protest we have to accept it comes with the protection of the same for other we might not necessarily agree with them.

scum? maybe. but they have the same rights as those of us sans scum.

That's kind of avoiding the question don't you think?

The answer is pretty obvious to me.

Encouraging an organisation like EDL in any of their endeavours only plays into the hands of the Islamist extremist bigots who like to make out that oppositon to their ideology is based in bigotry and intolerance, when the truth is the vast majority of people object to their ideology because it is medieval, fascistic and generally onboxious.

The people behind the extremist movements on both sides want the same thing - to polarise communities and bring about confrontation. Anyone who wants to help them achieve this should attend one of the demonstrations.

If there was a counter demo which didn't attract large numbers of right wing extremists, I might view it differently, but unfortunately that is not the case, so the best thing would be to let the police deal with it, unhindered by a counter demo, and also take the opportunity to gather intelligence information, an opportunity which will be compromised by the effort of keeping the demos apart.

Edited by donkey