Would you buy your family childhood home?

I grew up in a flat where my parents lived for all their married life, from the early 1930s to the late 1980s when my mum moved into a nursing home. They rented, because my father considered a mortgage to be a millstone!

I'd like it as somewhere to go for the occasional break, as the views of the River Tay are beautiful, but I'd not consider going back to live there. My family lives in the north of England now, and they are whats important.

I find, on revisiting, that most of my childhood homes are much smaller than I remember.

I simply could never afford to buy my childhood home, as much as I hated living there as a teenager, I would give anything for the solitude of living there now :)

If I could lift up the first house I remember living in, and drop it down in Sheffield, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Rarely have I seen a 3-bed mid terrace with so much storage space, and all three bedrooms being good-sized double rooms.

no chance would i ever buy my

childhood home i would however

pour petrol on it and strike a

match for the pleasure of watching it burn down

I thought about this for ages, I might do it if one of my sons wanted to live in it

I still live in mine and no flaming chance - it's in Sheffield:roll::roll:

There's not very much left of 1970's Attercliffe, these days. The house is long gone.

All the anderson shelters are on ebay. I can't afford one.

All the anderson shelters are on ebay. I can't afford one.

Bet MOS has one:D

Supposing you'd come across your childhood home for sale again and you could possible get a mortgage to buy it, would you?

No - It wouldn't be the same again, would it? Hardly going to find my family in there again, am I? We're all older or dead and have moved on...

I d like to buy our old family car if i could find one