How to invest money in gold

You're saying that it's greedy to want to buy something that you think will retain it's value. You have some funny notions about what greed is.

Guest sibon
You're saying that it's greedy to want to buy something that you think will retain it's value. You have some funny notions about what greed is.

And some odd notions about the value of stuff too.

Mecky: The higher the demand for something, the higher the price you have to pay to get it.

That said, I'd be selling my gold soon, if I had any.

if greed is wanting more than you need then were all guilty

well i wouldn't touch bullion vault with a bargepole but thats more due to a personal dislike of one of the co-owners rather than the business itself

well i wouldn't touch bullion vault with a bargepole but thats more due to a personal dislike of one of the co-owners rather than the business itself

Spill the beans, we like scandal:)

he's a two faced snooty **** who tried to persuade my husband not to marry me because i wasn't good enough :rant: , we ended up cancelling our wedding because of all the problems and eloping losing a lot of money in the process.

he's a two faced snooty **** who tried to persuade my husband not to marry me because i wasn't good enough :rant: ' date=' we ended up cancelling our wedding because of all the problems and eloping losing a lot of money in the process.[/quote']

Sounds familiar. My pal wasn't good enough for his partner. He went from Zero th Hero ie Milionaire due to two industrial inventions. Funny how his wife and in laws thought his money was good enough when she left him for a coppa. He won in court mind as his wealth came when they were seperated not divorced. Coppa has now left her, I wonder why? You know who you are.

hi all does anyone know much about investing money in gold as i would like to start doing so but dont know to much about how to go about it

If you physically want to own gold the cheapest way is to buy Krugerrands. The price is the same as the ounce of pure gold that they contain.

I think the 1500 dollar/oz has been passed but i think the bubble will burst soon. The trend could continue but i think a reversal is due but world affairs normally dictate the price so who knows.

Wow, it sounds like Gordon Brown sold the countries gold reserves just in time then. I think he got something like $280/ounce. How many Ss are there in to....er?

hi all does anyone know much about investing money in gold as i would like to start doing so but dont know to much about how to go about it

I agree with NorthernStar. The fact that lots of people are wanting to invest in gold can only artificially inflate the price. Apparently commodities fell sharply last week. Brent Crude down 13%. That might be worth a punt. Oil is bound to go back up again.

http://www.fxstreet.com/technical/market-view/the-weekend-commodities-review0109/2011/05/09/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/8501055/Dollar-triggered-commodities-flash-crash-not-Bin-Laden.html

we had shares in bullion vault from it's conception so got out while the going is still good leaving only a little in there to do what it will

George Soros, the hedge fund investor who called gold "the ultimate bubble", has sold almost his entire holding of the precious metal, leading to fears that the price is about to fall.

Bubble about to burst?