How to invest money in gold

hi all does anyone know much about investing money in gold as i would like to start doing so but dont know to much about how to go about it

hi all does anyone know much about investing money in gold as i would like to start doing so but dont know to much about how to go about it

Can't help but think of gold as another bubble ready to burst myself.

I have never dealt or know much about such things myself but I have made a few investments in the past but you could buy shares in gold mining, or trade as an ETF commodity.

https://www.share.com/cgi-bin/oicgi.exe/inet_tsc_dl2?epic=BULP

I hope that link helps, I've used share.com for a while but I'm sure some other more knowledgeable forumers will tell me I'm all wrong.

good luck with whatever you do.

Buying shares in the mining companies tends to be less volatile than in the metal itself.

Here is some info about buying ETFs

http://etf.about.com/od/buyingetfs/tp/ETF_Buying_Considerations.htm

and Gold ETF funds specifically

http://www.etfgold.net/

And finally you've got bullion or coins, held yourself or in a vault. Buying British coins can work well as you avoid capital gains tax and VAT.

yes it seems gold in the way forward if you want to make lots of money, good luck in doing this

Gold has been increasing rapidly in value now for some time. Bubbles do burst.

I think the 1500 dollar/oz has been passed but i think the bubble will burst soon. The trend could continue but i think a reversal is due but world affairs normally dictate the price so who knows.

if you are going to jump in now and invest in gold i am afraid you missed the boat....well unless you have a serious amount of cash to invest for small mutiple returns, the smart money bought gold 2-3 years ago and are sitting on 100% plus profits.

mining companies are a better investment that are on the brink of a gold strike.. eg. Solomon Gold listed on the AIM stock market 400-600% profits on the share in the last 18months and they havent even started mining yet.

they have been as low as 4p went to 78p and then settled at 25p today, when they find a good seam or if share could go to £3+, give it a try

;)

IG Markets or CMC Markets. These are ones I use for CFD TRADING (License to make or lose money). You have to know what you are doing though so i would just advise buying shares in gold miners

Hi

you have got some good advice on here i would surgest looking at the history of gold prices before you invest and dont forget the pro`s will sell along time before you they are in the know you are not?

People are buying gold because it's supposed to retain it's value. I think that's going to change pretty soon, since more greedy people are doing it. It'll all end in tears.