2011 Council Election Results

You're only disagreeing with me that the people who were crowing about 'giving Clegg a bloody nose' by not voting YES to AV weren't led into the trap like lambs to the slaughter? But you concede my point that by reducing the LibDems influence via the coalition to zero, allowing Cameron a free rein, people have done a rather silly thing?

For us, a rather more important side effect of all this gung-ho happens to be that we've been landed with another profligate and domineering Labour council, for at least a year. They can do a lot of damage in twelve months. :(

I actually think now that they( Lib Dems in coalition) will have more influence not less after what has happened.

Re bold.This is true.:help:

I actually think now that they( Lib Dems in coalition) will have more influence not less after what has happened.

I hope you're right, but this constant carping by the media and certain other factions about how Clegg is so hated, and that the electorate want rid of him and the Lib Dems is eroding his power to keep a lid on Tory actions, imo.

I think the Labour leaning hard-of-understanding have, not for the first time, succeeded in cutting their noses off to spite their faces. Perhaps I'm wrong. I certainly hope I am.

I hope you're right, but this constant carping by the media and certain other factions about how Clegg is so hated, and that the electorate want rid of him and the Lib Dems is eroding his power to keep a lid on Tory actions, imo.

I think the Labour leaning hard-of-understanding have, not for the first time, succeeded in cutting their noses off to spite their faces. Perhaps I'm wrong. I certainly hope I am.

I said something similar to that in another thread a couple of days ago, I think the incoming labour council have got a lot to prove to Sheffield. I hope it's no the same old, as we have had in the past. This is now 2011, and the world has moved on, I just hope Sheffield does not move backward.