2011 Council Election Results

Again i'm in full agreement.

But without their whipping boy, the Tories would have had to proceed in a much more sedate fashion,and dare i say it,in a far more reasonable way than has been currently done.

This affiliation,and Clegg in particular,has been manna from Heaven for the Tories.

This sticks in my craw, but all kudos to Cameron and co for the way they have manipulated every deed and action carried out by their minions and turned them to their own advantage.

Sorry, this is in answer to post 167.

Edited by rossyrooney
addition

Again i'm in full agreement.

But without their whipping boy, the Tories would have had to proceed in a much more sedate fashion,and dare i say it,in a far more reasonable way than has been currently done.

Then you are not even remotely in agreement. That's exactly the opposite of what I've been telling you.

Then you are not even remotely in agreement. That's exactly the opposite of what I've been telling you.

I know.

I was teasing.

A well deserved punch up the bracket for the Lib Dems.

I can't even begin to imagine why you think you'll be any better off

Not so much a bad night for the LDs, more a bad night, and future, for the City of Sheffield. :(

Has everyone forgotten what it was like when Labour were totally in control before? :help:

Bedlam :D

I have a bad feeling Labour will start to cut everything and then blame the Lib Dems - Con government for it all :mad:

I have a bad feeling Labour will start to cut everything and then blame the Lib Dems - Con government for it all :mad:

pffffffff did I just read that right. :hihi:

Bedlam :D

But they wont have a choice. They will have to make cuts due to the state of the economy.Anyone who simply voted labour to either

1. Give Nick Clegg a bloody nose or

2. Because they felt that Labour wont make any cuts to services

are delusional.

Here in Nether Edge the middle classes came out in force. Our turnout was about 10% up on normal local election days.Nether Edge ward always has a high percentage turnout anyway.

There is a large group of people who voted green and the rest probably voted labour as a protest vote.

pffffffff did I just read that right. :hihi:

Yes you did :hihi:

At least we might not see as many school closures now...

Really. Why do you think that, and which schools are you talking about that were going to be closed.

yayyy hope labour wins!!!!!! no cuts

East Ecclesfield result:

Victoria Margaret Bowden

Liberal Democrat

Votes: 2150

Kaye Horsfield

Green Party

Votes: 333

Russell Marsh-Smith

Conservative Party Candidate

Votes: 421

Jordan Michael Pont

British National Party

Votes: 385 (barely half the votes they got in 2009 and only 2% of the electorate. Not good for a party organiser standing in only one of two carefully selected seats)

Steven Wilson

The Labour Party

Votes: 2926

Didn't see much of Mr Pont during the campaign, but given that he actually lived on the other side of town, I guess he couldn't spare the time. :hihi:

John X

I leafleted that Ward everyday, and went out and talked to the people, but the best man won, fair play to him.