Group that sounded like The Stone Roses?

A few weeks ago I heard Radio 2 (Steve Wright?) play a track from the early 2000's that really sounded to me like the Stone Roses, but wasn't, but now I can't remember the band's name, or the track?

It had similar drumming and jangly guitar riff reminiscent of Waterfall and a low-key lead vocal. Just wondered if any music experts out there had any ideas?

I'll start the bidding with the Mock Turtles.

I'll put fifty quid on it being The Bluetones. They were virtually a Stone Roses tribute act as I recall. Certainly, Brown and Squire should be earning royalties off this track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIzcRqyXGdk

I'll put fifty quid on it being The Bluetones. They were virtually a Stone Roses tribute act as I recall. Certainly, Brown and Squire should be earning royalties off this track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIzcRqyXGdk

Yeah their sound is ridiculously similar to the roses here... wow.

In a shameless plug, my band sound a little like the Stone Roses (not particularly in this tune here) and are playing West St Live on Monday 16th May, it's £2 entry, we're called Grounds. Check us out here:

Thanks guys, but I don't remember it being the Bluetones, or (?) the Mock Turtles, from what I've played on Youtube, though the sound of the latter is closest?

Frustrating.:hihi:

Aw shucks. Failure! :hihi:

I'm checking back through Radio2 now, it was Ken Bruce I think (doh!)

If it had been The Charlattans/ Happy Mondays etc I would remember their name? This is bugging me now. I think the track was (oddly due to their sound) from 2002/4?

When I find it it'll sound obvious?

Yeah make sure you point it out it out though if you find it; it wasn't Gomez was it?!

Mind you, they don't sound THAT much like the roses..

Hi, no, not Gomez, I'm afraid- as soon as I hear it, I'll know. I remember it being 'old' (I'm in my 40's :hihi:) but was surprised to hear the Radio2 guy (Bruce/Vine?) say it was 2002/3?

Sorry I can't help much with any details.