Sign in to follow this  

Anyone heard if that guy on the quadbike at Parkwood tip survived?

Early last week apparently there was a quad bike accident on Parkwood tip where he decided to do a jump but went over a cliff about 40ft. The radio said he was fighting for his life. Anyone here if he made it?

well all these mini moto things should all have to have an mot and full road tax and insurance if they dont the same fines and sentence's should apply as if it was a car.

Originally posted by geo666uk

well all these mini moto things should all have to have an mot and full road tax and insurance if they dont the same fines and sentence's should apply as if it was a car.

While I agree with this sentiment, it is rather off topic as a) he wasn't driving on the road, b) the article says that the quad was road legal :)

so is my car but would you still be as left wing softy soft if i took my car and took it for a spin round some of the waste ground in sheffield or in a park where there could be kids playing.

Originally posted by geo666uk

so is my car but would you still be as left wing softy soft if i took my car and took it for a spin round some of the waste ground in sheffield or in a park where there could be kids playing.

Perhaps you ought to start a thread about riding quads in open spaces as you have a point.

However i think desy is asking if anyone knows if the fella is ok.

Mod: This thread was pruned yesterday due to some unpleasant comments; that's why posts above may seem a little disjointed.

Please keep on topic and feel free to start a new thread if there are issues not concerning this particular incident.

Thanks.

My Daughter knows more about this awful accident than I do........as far as I am aware the lad is alive. I will try and remember to ask her tomorrow and let you know. From what I understand it was the wheels of the quad that slipped on very wet mud and that is what caused the accident. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Update on this thread. The lad in question is out of intensive care and making good progress. He has been allowed to get out of bed and is attempting to walk. He is also eating now. He still has an operation to go yet and is still in a lot of pain. It will be a while before he is completely better but at least his long term prospects are good.

me and my mum knew this guy.

We are locals at our pub, Blue ball in warncliffe sside.

(if its the right person) He fell 40foot backwards when je stalled his quad, which he'd only just got.

He's a great guy, the last i heard he was still in intensive care but we will be hearing more news as the days go on.

hope hes well

Fallen

it was in the Star that he was out of high dependancy and on the way to recovery.

This guy is now out of hospital but ina bad way, looks like he'll be in a wheel chair for a while.

He's the landlord of the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe side. Seems like it was his first time out on the quad and he managed somehow to knock it into neutral, the quad rolled backwards over the drop and he went down with it smashing his feet legs back and a variety of other bones.

He's a bit of an accident blackspot is this lad, he had a serious car accident many years ago that he was lucky to get out of.

GET WELL SOON BEN :thumbsup: