Best place to have a manicure for natural nails

I would like some recommendations for a good place to have a manicure, most threads seem to be about nail extensions whereas I would like to sort out my fairly neglected natural nails out! I had a few very bad experiences with salons in the past (badly filed nails; awful paint jobs that a small child could have done better... you name it!) so would be very wary of parting with my cash without having some good feedback to be sure they wouldn't mess things up. I'd really just like a good pampering for my nails, some advice on shaping them (important!) and a (neat!) coat of polish - hopefully not too much to ask for:) Doesn't have to be silly cheap as I feel like a treat before some serious money saving I'll have to do in the next few months:)

Good areas for me would be centre, S10, S11, S8..

Many thanks!

I would like some recommendations for a good place to have a manicure, most threads seem to be about nail extensions whereas I would like to sort out my fairly neglected natural nails out! I had a few very bad experiences with salons in the past (badly filed nails; awful paint jobs that a small child could have done better... you name it!) so would be very wary of parting with my cash without having some good feedback to be sure they wouldn't mess things up. I'd really just like a good pampering for my nails, some advice on shaping them (important!) and a (neat!) coat of polish - hopefully not too much to ask for:) Doesn't have to be silly cheap as I feel like a treat before some serious money saving I'll have to do in the next few months:)

Good areas for me would be centre, S10, S11, S8..

Many thanks!

Hi

I have sent you a pm kind regards :)

topdog - Im looking for exactly the same thing!! And quick (wedding on Saturday!!)

I've heard Top to Toe in Crosspool or Revive in Broomhill are good??

hi there we offer good manicures... mini manicures £8.50 and luxury manicures £15.00 but we are based at intake in s12 with over 8 years experience

http://www.airsalon132.co.uk

i've been to Mint at Meadowhall and they were fab. I had a manicure there for my wedding and the polish lasted 3 weeks with hardly a chip - and that included safari adventure on honeymoon! not the cheapest out there, but they take their time and my nails felt stronger

:)

i've been to Mint at Meadowhall and they were fab. I had a manicure there for my wedding and the polish lasted 3 weeks with hardly a chip - and that included safari adventure on honeymoon! not the cheapest out there, but they take their time and my nails felt stronger

:)

Hi weenireeni - sorry to say I had the opposite experience there :(. My nails were unevenly filed, it felt like they weren't interested if you didn't want false nails. For the money I spent I could have done a much better job myself (had to re-do it afterwards and I'm no expert!)

I too would like to know of somewhere to go to have my own nails done - a traditional manicure not all this new nail art/extentions/gell etc stuff.

hmmm mine was in august, and i was there a good 45 mins so felt pampered. i guess its like anywhere - depends on who you get on the day!

hmmm mine was in august, and i was there a good 45 mins so felt pampered. i guess its like anywhere - depends on who you get on the day!

I'm glad you had a better experience, I went in October as I was going to attend a wedding and thought I'd treat myself. Maybe if you can remember/know the nail technician's name who did yours you could PM the OP? :)

Anyone free to do my nails before Saturday please??

Just a manicure and polish on my natural nails (and a tidying up of my hideous cuticles and bitten skin!!)

Thanks!