Should pictures of Bin Laden's corpse be released?

I wasn't responding about your friends, unless your friends are Al-Quaida terrorists. :suspect:

You mentioned Islam, not "demented toss pots" in the post I quoted though;)

You are definately the ultimate champion of multi-quote replies. Respect.

There was a lot to catch up on (I usually leave the PC somewhere between 9 and 10 in the evening, so there's much to catch up on when I come back online).

Apparently so.

Sky News = Riots in Iran.

Press TV = No riots in Iran.

The truth is that somebody got angry when a bloke knocked over his drink.

:hihi:

I personally don't trust either of the two "news services" mentioned;).

Just been on Sky News that says the reason for inconsistency is mainly down to the fact people assumed from the conference the other day that they were watching live headcam footage in the white house (which would mean they could see exactly what was happening which would lead on to them saying the stuff about him using his wife as a human shield) when in fact the visual was from above using night vision, so when the guys went in to the compound it was pretty much a blackout (they may have had radio feed I dunno) for them at the white house and so they won't have seen much at all.

So the only people who saw what happened were the are the people that went in, and their headcam footage will probably have been downloaded now but at the time of the conferences they weren't, so they were just going on what had been said by the people who went in.

What you have to look at is the fact they're going in, a few people in a small room, it'd have been very dusty and dark (night vision can be disorientating too) and it will have been quite fast paced, put yourself in that situation, if you see his wife in front of him and running to you and you shoot her, when you leave, the most you presume is what you know - she was in front of him guarding him and we shot her. When that gets back to the US and they're being asked questions that's all they have!

I don't think they should because I wouldn't want my children to see it.

Hey v all the usual so called conspiracy debunkers were them selves promoting conspiracy last night ,

It's a new one too me , but apperantly halibut and others were trying to convince islam is trying to control or take over the planet !

Hence why binny attacked USA

Can you shed some light on this ?

I can, you're making it up.

None of the "usual so called conspiracy debunkers" (and certainly not Halibut) were saying islam is trying to take over the planet.

Just been on Sky News that says the reason for inconsistency is mainly down to the fact people assumed from the conference the other day that they were watching live headcam footage in the white house (which would mean they could see exactly what was happening which would lead on to them saying the stuff about him using his wife as a human shield) when in fact the visual was from above using night vision, so when the guys went in to the compound it was pretty much a blackout (they may have had radio feed I dunno) for them at the white house and so they won't have seen much at all.

So the only people who saw what happened were the are the people that went in, and their headcam footage will probably have been downloaded now but at the time of the conferences they weren't, so they were just going on what had been said by the people who went in.

What you have to look at is the fact they're going in, a few people in a small room, it'd have been very dusty and dark (night vision can be disorientating too) and it will have been quite fast paced, put yourself in that situation, if you see his wife in front of him and running to you and you shoot her, when you leave, the most you presume is what you know - she was in front of him guarding him and we shot her. When that gets back to the US and they're being asked questions that's all they have!

Exactly. Which is what I said here:

Does anybody actually know the truth?

There is so much research now suggesting that even eye-witness testimony is a lot more unreliable than we can imagine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4177082.stm

Obama announced the story straight away, in fact he probably couldn't wait judging by the smug look on his face. Obviously too soon.

Apparently the headcam video they were watching were of some guy running round in circles, and no doubt the reports they gathered straight after the action would be useless. Adrenaline fueled rednecks, bragging about who has the biggest balls, singing "ding dong the witch is dead", probably aren't the best source of truth.

So they get lost in the moment, make it up as they go along, and even lie. Big deal.

The events, as they were reported, immediately after the killing of Bin Laden, would have been very similar to those after the killing of Jean Charles de Menezes. When the press got incorrect "off the record" accounts of Menezes vaulting over the ticket barrier in 2005, this didn't mean that the Metropolitan Police was involved in a conspiracy at the time. Merely that in the confusion of events, people got things wrong.

Basically, immediately after events like these, don't take as fact things reported by people that don't really know. The basic fact, Bin Laden is dead or Menezes is dead, is probably true, but everything else ... confusion.

It's not for no good reason that authorities usually say "that's all we can say at the moment". The media and public always want more, but more is likely to be wrong. Conspiracy gurus aren't concerned with due process, they can just make **** up.

Edited by quisquose

I can, you're making it up.

None of the "usual so called conspiracy debunkers" (and certainly not Halibut) were saying islam is trying to take over the planet.

Please use your mod powers all look back at the thread !

Last night !

And yes the normal conspiracy busters have got a conspiracy of thier own!

Lmao!

Look I'm up for your conspiracy if you can prove it !

Correct. Poor training.

How so? They shot him. He's dead. Which I believe was the objective, was it not?

How so? They shot him. He's dead. Which I believe was the objective, was it not?

Exactly. It's clear what they were supposed to do, and everything went without a glitch, even when the helicopter had problems everything still went smooth, they torched the helicopter, raided the house, killed him, grabbed him and were gone before even the Pakistan army had got there!

Exactly. It's clear what they were supposed to do, and everything went without a glitch, even when the helicopter had problems everything still went smooth, they torched the helicopter, raided the house, killed him, grabbed him and were gone before even the Pakistan army had got there!

How do you know all this? Do you believe it?

How do you know all this? Do you believe it?

Because the timeframe is something we DO know about, as that's something they could track from the white house and that has been spoke about since it happened. Plus the video clearly shows the helicopter in flames shortly after they left and the wreckage can be seen even now.

Yes I believe it, how about you answer those questions along with other theorists that I asked a few pages back and that I've asked about 5 times for people to answer but no one has. I have a feeling it's because they can't, it was the same people in the 9/11 thread (except you if I remember rightly) and I asked questions in the same way then and they couldn't answer them.

The photos should not be released, he caused enough problems while he was alive. Hopefully he is quickly forgotten in his death, its a shame the news channels are still talking about him.

Its a shame they coulndt do this earlier, we could have done without the 2 wars started because of his actions.