Aldi speedy checkouts

Aldiare not so bad,, at least they are a happy bunch,, unlike Morrisons staff,, Talk about miserable,, i went there on Sun ,, most of the staff had faces like slapped arses :(

I think some people don't realise the reasons why aldi has this approach. its all about saving money and keepingthe costt of food down. for eg more people through the checkout more money for aldi keeps prices low for us..... they don't except credit cardsonly debit cards because those credit company's put a charge on every transaction, another way keeping costs down another they save money is a charge for carrier bags . these are but a few hidden charges that most super markets pass onto us through our shopping bill

Edited by demonoid77

As many have said, Aldi has always done the speedy checkout system, I really don't see the problem, it means shorter checkout queues. If you want to take your sweet time packing your bags and holding everyone up, go to Sainsbury or Waitrose, it seems to be more acceptable there.

Must say though, Aldi are no longer 'cheap' and a lot of the food is ropey IMO. Plus many of the Thurs/Sun specials are not really that special any more, mainly just 'okay' prices.

LIDL seems to be the best of the 'budget' supermarkets, the food selection seems better, plus nice fresh bread.

Edited by shadow

In Germany they are actually a lot more laid back with the scanning, and actually wait for you to pay before scanning through someone elses shop! back home as soon as you're last item has beeped there onto someone else haha.

The stuff also isn't as cheap, or interesting :( Aldi/netto/lidl in UK I think have a lot more competition in the UK, whereas here...it just is the standard supermarket and the more quality supermarkets are the ones that have to attract you.

The packing benches are also alot closer to the tills tho, with more space as it's done is all the supermarkets. Not so bad once you get used too it.

If i can get in and out again quickly i'm more than happy, i detest shopping in supermarkets (and yes both of those comments are related :hihi:)