Aldi speedy checkouts

Is it just me or does anyone else hate the way aldi checkout staff rush your shopping through ? there is no need to do it so quickly, I always try to put my purchases straight into carrier bags in the trolley and I am not slow. When staff tell me to put my shopping back in the trolley and then repack over on the shelf I always contest it and they say its our policy ! But its MY shopping. I suppose they want to do it as fast as they can so others are not waiting as long but surely everyone expects to wait for a while, its a supermarket afterall.

Yes it is annoying!

I have only been a few times, to the one on Archer Road and the first time I went I wondered what the rush was! :suspect:

glad sombody put this i did my shopping there few weeks ago same situation they asked me to put into trolly i said no and continued to put into bags i was keeping up with the checkout lady

then supervisour told me to put into trolly i left the hole lot on converiuor and half in trolly and walked out of shop maybe they will learn its my shopping my money my choice

was around £170 worth maybe next time they say nothing we will see

Is it just me or does anyone else hate the way aldi checkout staff rush your shopping through ? there is no need to do it so quickly, I always try to put my purchases straight into carrier bags in the trolley and I am not slow. When staff tell me to put my shopping back in the trolley and then repack over on the shelf I always contest it and they say its our policy ! But its MY shopping. I suppose they want to do it as fast as they can so others are not waiting as long but surely everyone expects to wait for a while, its a supermarket afterall.

theres a reason why they go so quick its cause most people dont want to be spotted shopping at aldi and want to get out asap without being seen its also why most people take m&s or morrison carriers with them :hihi:

That is their policy, they are a stack em high value for money outlet its how they keep the prices down if your not keen on it then go somewhere else where you can pay for the luxury of holding everyone up.

It's so that they can keep their prices down - less checkout operators.

I don't find it too bad - especially when there are a few people in a queue in front of you. Where you'd normally be five minutes or so in Tesco (or where ever), you are just a couple of minutes in ALDI (and LIDL - they seem to have a similar policy).

As I say, I'd prefer to have the lower prices and have to repack everything myself rather than pay the extortionate prices that the bigger supermarkets charge but get my bags packed.

G

I agree with G, I like this bit about Aldi.

Waiting in a big queue at he end of a shopping trip only to find the person in front of you had forgotten that once it was all through the till.... they would then have to pay for it all... and start searching around in their bag for purse / cards etc and then do the same for the enevitable 'clubcard'.

Much more anoying than getting through quickly i'd say!

Quickly is better with me too.

you take your choice when you go to the supermarket. I prefer aldi etc. As i am not pressured in having to put my food into my trolley at superspeed and ending up with a top heavy shopping trolley. Its just a different culture, nothing to be scared of.

I had noticed this at meadowhall retail park. The thing that annoys me now is that it's not actually that cheap anymore. Fair enough if it was dirt cheap then you would expect something else to suffer; i.e quality, service etc.

But now it's priced up with the rest and the service is abysmal!

Okay, so you can't be bothered to pack your shopping after the till

Next Complaint...

"Why are queues so long at Aldi..why don't they open more tills"

Then..

"What's the point in Aldi - it used to be cheaper now its no different to Tesco and Sainsburys"

This is a great thing some of the other supermarkets could learn a lot from it sick of people faffing around at the checkout"ohh now lets start looking for my purse" when they have already been waiting 5 mins!!!

Most people want in and out asap.

Thank god for self checkouts.