Bents green school memories

Do you remember bill bailey going on calander tv programme in the mid 70,s i carnt remember what it was all about.

Do you remember bill bailey going on calander tv programme in the mid 70,s i carnt remember what it was all about.

Yes I do remember it was something about the caretaker there just forget his name growing a pineapple in his greenhouse not 100% sure I seem to remember something about it, we used to sing wont you come home Bill Bailey.:)

Yes I do remember it was something about the caretaker there just forget his name growing a pineapple in his greenhouse not 100% sure I seem to remember something about it, we used to sing wont you come home Bill Bailey.:)

Not sure if it was the caretaker or the gardener, the caretaker was Mr Lambert and the gardener if I remember right was Mr Pope.

Can you remember the greenkeeper there his name was Tom Broughton he used to take loads of snuff all the time,I don't know if it was the gardener or the caretaker who grew the pineapple but he used to live in the house in the front of Maude Maxfields yard he was a big old bloke with white hair smoked a pipe, I think they called him George he grew this pineapple in the greenhouse at the back of his house,if I remember right the two schools used the same playing fields the pupils at Maude Maxfields were all deaf people and I come from a deaf family and I can sign and I was able to communicate with them, the teachers used to come to me all the time asking me to talk to the pupils about things.

A query as to the open day of the new build Bents Green School, 16th of June is not a Tuesday. What is the correct date?

Pam-G

How about Mark Jarman, David Nadin and Simon Parkin they always seemed best mates at bents green school 1967 to 1978.

How about Mark Jarman, David Nadin and Simon Parkin they always seemed best mates at bents green school 1967 to 1978.

I can certainly remember the name Mark Jarman but going by the dates they would have been around 3 or 4 years younger than me, I left in 74.

Did you know that the newly-built Bents Green School has an open day Tuesday 16th. June 11:00-3:00.

I wonder if my best pals will attend the schools Open day, there were Brian Curl (He lived around Grimesthorpe) Margaret Mullins, and Audrey Parkinson.

1947/48

I wonder if my best pals will attend the schools Open day, there were Brian Curl (He lived around Grimesthorpe) Margaret Mullins, and Audrey Parkinson.

1947/48

The open day was last Saturday 16th.June.

A query as to the open day of the new build Bents Green School, 16th of June is not a Tuesday. What is the correct date?

Pam-G

Sorry, I quoted from their literature, it was 16th. June which was last Saturday.

Just thought I'd spend a few minutes recalling names from BGS, Early 70s;

Jack Langley,

Steve Hinchliffe,

Rab Green'

Stephen Hammond,

Pat Naughton,

Alan Freeman,

Diane Jubb,

Pam Nicholson,

Carol Higgins,

Jackie Markham,

Joy Glossop,

Mike Morris,

Steven Derbyshire,

Melvin Braddock,

Jeanette and Tina Gamble,

John Anderson,

Lloyd Forrester,

Ian Rawlins,

Linda Bolsover,

Gary Lillyman,

Sharon Rowley,

Sharon Godfrey,

Maggie Shakespeare,

Margaret Bradbury,

Jessie Grain,

Susan Kerry,

Tina Fontana,

Anybody remember them?, Sure more will come to mind!.

Teachers & staff turn now, early 70s again;

Mr Bailey,

Mr Vardy,

Mr Fallows,

Mr Heward,

Mrs Rowland,

Mr Orgill,

Mrs Jones,

Mr Kirkham,

Mrs Stone,

Mrs Kimber,

Mrs Seddon,