Bents green school memories

On 29/03/2019 at 23:52, Alan 1956 said:

Hi, is mike s mick spencerby any chance? If so I know you will remember me Alan Freeman. 

Went to BGS from early sixtys to around 1971. Last year was head boy with carol Higgins as head girl. 

I remember quit a lot and would love to speak to and ex BGS people. Alan

Hi alan hope your keeping well i remember you from my school days at the school,  if there are any more pupils from the school, my email is [email protected], would love to hear from old friends. 

1 hour ago, Morris Mike said:

Hi alan hope your keeping well i remember you from my school days at the school,  if there are any more pupils from the school, my email is [email protected], would love to hear from old friends. 

Hi Mike hope you are keeping ok. Alan was in contact briefly some time ago but not heard anything from him since, I got the impression all might not have been well and I have had no luck from my messages. Hope all is ok with him.

Just come across this group.. I went to Bents Green between 1986 and 1989 can remember mrs kitchen, mrs kimber, frank hunter, viv nichols and headteacher was mr elks also can remember graham and cristene hope from residents. 

I can also remember other pupils there aroundmy age, jonathon baldock, ann wilson, sam beckett, charlotte mcghee, philip proberbs, andrew tipple, richard atkinson, andrew hollis, pamela harrison, patrick ryan, 

Edited by badboyzukltd
update

I wasn't at Bents Green school, but I was (unfortunately) next door at Folkwood...

On 23/07/2021 at 18:44, Morris Mike said:

Hi Caroline herriot I can remember you from bents green school i used to be in your stuarts class my sister theresa marie Ellison used to go there as well.

I was at Bents Green Open Air School - that's what it was called then, around 1953/54.  It was Residential, at that time, for  children  with health problems. I was in the Children's Hospital, Sheffield, a number of times, with a collapsed lung. Many children had chest and breathing problems because of the Industry and poor air quality in some areas. The only teacher I remember, is Mr Bond.  We had to go for walks, frequently, and to church on Sunday...wearing the navy blue macs. 

I left BGS in 1974 and moved away from Sheffield a few years later. I still enjoy visiting when I'm in the area for the brilliant cafe (The hidden gem) which is housed in the old boys changing rooms adjacent to the playing field.  The food is beautiful, well worth a visit.

I went to Bents Green  83 to 86 lots of teachers I remember on there my names Paul ward I was residential

Edited by Hans-solo

21 hours ago, Cornish cream said:

I was at Bents Green Open Air School - that's what it was called then, around 1953/54.  It was Residential, at that time, for  children  with health problems. I was in the Children's Hospital, Sheffield, a number of times, with a collapsed lung. Many children had chest and breathing problems because of the Industry and poor air quality in some areas. The only teacher I remember, is Mr Bond.  We had to go for walks, frequently, and to church on Sunday...wearing the navy blue macs. 

It was also known as an open air school when I started in '66. First thing monday mornings we had to run up to the round house, opposite the Norfolk arms, unaccompanied, in all weathers. The round house was a tuck shop in those days so we would stock up on sweets for the way back!