Bents green school memories

On 29/09/2012 at 20:34, sjw1705 said:

I was at Bents Green from 1981 - 86 and some of the teachers on the list were still there when I started. I remember Mr Heward, Mrs Rowland, Mr Kirkham, Mrs Stone, Mrs Kimber and Mrs Seddon from that list. The headteacher when I was there was Norman Elliott. Other teachers I remember were Mrs Greaves (nee Godbehere), Mr Nicolson, Mrs Demengel (spelling?) Mr Crooks, Mrs Bagshaw

I went to  bents green school during the same period with my younger brother stuart,  I remember these teachers,  absolutely loved being at that school,  got some good memories 

my name was linda taylor I am now a tankard  I was at bents green from 1958 till 1963 teachers was mrs jones mr orgil  miss jubb mrs yeardly  mr vardy  mrs hall mr slater I went camping 3 times and I would love to be in touch with old friends my emil address is [email protected]  and I live in greenhill 

Hi, is mike s mick spencerby any chance? If so I know you will remember me Alan Freeman. 

Went to BGS from early sixtys to around 1971. Last year was head boy with carol Higgins as head girl. 

I remember quit a lot and would love to speak to and ex BGS people. Alan

On 29/03/2019 at 23:52, Alan 1956 said:

Hi, is mike s mick spencerby any chance? If so I know you will remember me Alan Freeman. 

Went to BGS from early sixtys to around 1971. Last year was head boy with carol Higgins as head girl. 

I remember quit a lot and would love to speak to and ex BGS people. Alan

Hi Alan, yes its me! I was hoping you would have attended the reunion we had a few years ago, Carol was there too. I'm sure you left BGS at the same time as me along with Carol, Diane Jubb, Pam Nicholson etc which was 1974.  I visited the new school a couple of months ago, sadly there is no one left now who even remembers any of the staff from our days, Mr Heward was the last one to leave.  PM me if you prefer. Mike.

Hi, yes I remember them all, the only ex school friend Ihave ever seen is carol she was walking down the moor with her husband but that was tens of years go. Would loved to have made the reunion but did not know about it till it was way to late. Any way would love to get in touch again soon. Alan not for two weeks though but I will be back.

My name Carole Mellars I was at bentgreen school 1974till1981 my name now Carole Tarantini I would love to get back to me you can find me on Facebook thanks xxx 

Hi can any one get back to me I want to know and one went to brighten school 1974 till 1981 you can.get back to on.Facebook xxx thanks 

Further to my earlier post, a few more names from the early 70s come to mind;

Paul Pearce

Martin Hughes

Linda Chan

Sylvia Roberts

Margaret Hornsby

Harry Toft

Theresa Naughton

Stephen Fish

Susan Tame

Steven Gresham

Ken Taylor

Selma Mgrath (?)

On 13/08/2019 at 20:18, mike-s said:

Further to my earlier post, a few more names from the early 70s come to mind;

Paul Pearce

Martin Hughes

Linda Chan

Sylvia Roberts

Margaret Hornsby

Harry Toft

Theresa Naughton

Stephen Fish

Susan Tame

Steven Gresham

Ken Taylor

Selma Mgrath (?)

And a few more! 

Pat Owen.

Gordon Winnell.

Michael Roberts.

David Ellis.

People have asked whether the school was for a specific condition. It quite possibly is these days but when I attended (66 - 74) it was a wide range of problems, not necessarily medical. I remember children from broken homes, troublesome kids, Asthmatic like myself, children from other similar schools which had closed down, there was even one boy i remember who upon about to be caned at his former school, took the cane from the teacher, snapped it and handed it back to him! (he was 6'2" at age 16!) 

On 14/10/2005 at 08:50, bigseth said:

did anyone out there go to bents green special school at ecclesall between the years of 1969 to1971 the headmaster was mr bailey

Hi yes I was there 1969 to 1974

On 14/10/2005 at 08:50, bigseth said:

did anyone out there go to bents green special school at ecclesall between the years of 1969 to1971 the headmaster was mr bailey

On 29/01/2019 at 19:32, Carolyn Herriot said:

I went to  bents green school during the same period with my younger brother stuart,  I remember these teachers,  absolutely loved being at that school,  got some good memories 

Mr Kirkham passed away as has Mrs Seddon unfortunately 

On 11/06/2012 at 12:29, starchaser said:

Do you remember bill bailey going on calander tv programme in the mid 70,s i carnt remember what it was all about.

I remember Bill Bailey very good head master very fair with all the pupils, i went to Bents Green school from 1967 - 1972 . Didn't enjoy it at first i was the first boy in the bourding house. 

Edited by Morris Mike
To remember Bents Green school

On 29/09/2012 at 19:57, mike-s said:

Just thought I'd spend a few minutes recalling names from BGS, Early 70s;

Jack Langley,

Steve Hinchliffe,

Rab Green'

Stephen Hammond,

Pat Naughton,

Alan Freeman,

Diane Jubb,

Pam Nicholson,

Carol Higgins,

Jackie Markham,

Joy Glossop,

Mike Morris,

Steven Derbyshire,

Melvin Braddock,

Jeanette and Tina Gamble,

John Anderson,

Lloyd Forrester,

Ian Rawlins,

Linda Bolsover,

Gary Lillyman,

Sharon Rowley,

Sharon Godfrey,

Maggie Shakespeare,

Margaret Bradbury,

Jessie Grain,

Susan Kerry,

Tina Fontana,

Anybody remember them?, Sure more will come to mind!.

Hi there I remember that list of names went to school with all them from 1967 to 1972 ,some of them were great friends 😀.

On 18/12/2015 at 06:25, woodhouse3 said:

Hi my name gareth woodhouse i was at bent green school from 1993-1998 the headaster was mr elcs

Im trying to rember some teacher like me huwet the maths teacher. Carlo scott the supply teacher. Miss greaves sinces teacher. Miss tea the resdentul staff. Mr huews the it techer.mr frank summert cant rember his last name just no he was scottish he was the pe teacher and ower football caoth as i was the goal keeper for the school team i would have posted some school pic but my mum has them. Right i rember being taken to school in a black cab to bent green school as u enterd the school ground u had the wall gate way with the house atavhed on the the left as u past the old coath house with was the residtul house u all saw the trees on your right big one thay was. U went round the corner of the old house where the was a big island where a old bent tree was on it just in frunt of the pe hall. As you walked off the minny bus or taxie down some stairs to the main hall way where u had changing rooms for pe u had the libery as you walked down past the woodwork room and the securterys room and stff room the as u past the door at the bottom u had the sinces room on the right the stair case going up to the next level where u had more class room u had two star cases on both ends. I all so rember 5he school dinners was grate there collyflower and cheses days with smoked gammom. All so rember going for walks in the peak districk for hours on end eating the school pac lunch all ways got the orange drink and a packet of plain crisp lol i rember as well we had a pool room wich we used at finner time with the snack bar for sweets in there 10p moxers ect table tennis all this was in the old cachhouse all do the yaz room. O all do loked stopping at the resodend side twice a week where u eather got a sherd room or the flat on the top floor rember thows marble stair case going up. Trups out to meddowhall at night or thw cinamer or the swimming bath good old days i addmit i had issuws with sume teachers there but it was grate i lernt all life skills there ect and ternd out fine i wish i could have a school reunien with my class mates as well but most off all i married my class mate and still married today as well if u want more info leave me a pm on here thanks

Hi is anyone going to organise a school reunion, as we have lost some good friends from the school days!!  Mike Morris. 

On 12/08/2013 at 12:18, mike-s said:

Fiona. I have sent you 2 pm's, (one was too long!). Mike.

Does anyone remember fiona baliey and how she is, would love to get intouch with her, she was a lovely girl.