Can anyone remember these CB radioers from 1980s?

I remember my dad had a cb and was constantly on it. His name was "flying eagle". His best buddy was "black pearl" but I heard that she had died. My mum hated it so much that she made him sit in the wardrobe (it was big enough - just!!!) I still smile when I remember this voice coming out from the wardrobe " one nine for a copy" Does anyone remember him?

Remember getting back home after getting stuck in scunthorpe,two cb lorry drivers rescued us, had to ask for Arctic Bird (penguin) to get back.

i think the best person on the cb was a old chap called (speed bird) very strange guy lol :rant::rant::rant:

Good to see some folk are still around. I was 'Earlybird' back in the good old days of AM.

Ha ! I remember a guy "Remo" whom everyone thought was one of the Human League....

i was Marie First Love from Hackenthorpe

*sigh*, aah... the old "Tennessee Valley Indians" (TVI TV Interference) was far more prevalent with AM than FM if I recall correctly, and, as davep says, more likely to happen if your aerial was not "SWR"ed properly.

Those were the days!

i was also known as Daydreamer for alot of my time on the cb ... i was good friends with Alan inspector gadget and Nidge red alert knre Eddie fisherman and Shaun Dr Death loads of names i remember

i think alot of us do....... Ronnie last i heard he was in ireland

i think the best person on the cb was a old chap called (speed bird) very strange guy lol :rant::rant::rant:

phil :D good old lad lol made me laugh