Can anyone remember these CB radioers from 1980s?

yes i remember my andle was persian lady my friend was kiki dee one summers night we sat in the car and contacted a guy called the iron man in wales we had never contacted any oneso far away i could not stop telling everone about it

What about bacardi mark raging bull kevin nigel off hyde park and last but not least all the people that used to go to the top of the world at treeton

anyone remember spartacus from birley early 80.s

i remember apple charlotte (karen) and dragster (kev)

My friends dad had a CB in the 80's we used to have some laughs and a few eyeballs.:hihi: How many candles yer burnin?

im not wanting to upset all you lot....but here goes..

I used to hate cb radios, they use to intefere with my tv, sometimes i used to get them talking on my tv while i was tring to watch something...and man..they were the most boring conversations i heard in m y life:( it was a nightmare, so please if you still have one in your loft, leave it there

You were probably unfortunate to be near one of those "plug it in and switch it on brigade" ie not set the SWR properly, or someone with one of those infamous "bleed-over boxes" - rigs that were poorly manufactured and caused spurious transmission across the WHOLE spectrum.

Most CB's did try to get their rigs working properly, as they did tend to get out further if the SWR was sorted. Sure, their were a few nutters, but generally I found them to be a great bunch.

CBing was probably a forrunner of forums like this.

I had a rig in the early 80s when it was big. My first one was a Tristar then I had a Midland, on the car I had three arials a DV27 that we all had a 2ft firestick and a Rebel 500 ah those were the days my handle was Telstar and my mate was Turbo 7 oh does anyone remember Superblade. "Telstar going down on the side and highly satisfied 10 10 till we do it again, we down we gone" bye bye.:thumbsup:

hi can anyone remeber the cb radio ive just swithched on recentley since around 12yrs ago its great fun so here are the names ie angles of people still on to this day. megadrive,slim jim,trident,white rose, apple charlotte,robocop,iceman,angel warrior, and dragster

they are all wanting to know who remembers them from 1980s and say hi to the ones that do cheers:thumbsup:

TALK TO JIMBO MOST NIGHTS AND SILVER FOX MALC ON MUPPET BAND OR DOWN ON TRIPPLE FIVE:D

hi can anyone remeber the cb radio ive just swithched on recentley since around 12yrs ago its great fun so here are the names ie angles of people still on to this day. megadrive,slim jim,trident,white rose, apple charlotte,robocop,iceman,angel warrior, and dragster

they are all wanting to know who remembers them from 1980s and say hi to the ones that do cheers:thumbsup:

WIZBIT [Mark] N SNAKEBITE [Kate] remenber them all:D:D:D:thumbsup: