Did You Have Your Leg Pulled On Your First Job

When I started work after leaving school on the first day I was targeted for the traditional leg pull.One of the gaffers said[Go to Albert in the fitters shop and ask him for the long stand],so off I tootled and did as told.Albert said[stand there son I,ll sort you out in a minute].After 30 mins he said[i cant find it go to Bill in the garage and ask him for it],this I did,same routine,sent to someone else after a long wait.Three hours later I was sent back to were I,d started with the message it was missing.The penny dropped when everyone started laughing their heads off !.Did you have anything similar pulled on you as a new employee green as grass?.

Edited by old tup
bad spelling

Oh yes, a left handed paint brush, and a tin of tartan paint

My mother once asked my cousin to go next door and ask if she could borrow a colander because hers had holes in it.

i worked at Surmanco in the 70s and the blokes used to send me to the stores for a long stand, A sky hook, A left handed screw driver, ha ha i always fell for it.

When I was in the Navy as a leading Mechanic, I sent a junior mechanic to outside the NAFFI (Like a a kind of shop on board ship) to collect an air hose for the air compressor, he came back, having waited in a queue, and said to me that they had no Aeros at the NAFFI so he had brought me a Mars Bar instead.

When I was in the Navy as a leading Mechanic, I sent a junior mechanic to outside the NAFFI (Like a a kind of shop on board ship) to collect an air hose for the air compressor, he came back, having waited in a queue, and said to me that they had no Aeros at the NAFFI so he had brought me a Mars Bar instead.
:hihi:I wish this forum had a like button, that was mega funny.

copy boy star newspaper. new boy.sent to canteen for a piece of printers pie canteen staff joined in sent you back to find out what filling, asked sub editors, back to canteen with answer, not on today ask again ,this went on till the lad caught on or the Subs got fed up with the joke

We once sent a lad to a butchers to get a chicken dripping sandwich.

When I started work after leaving school on the first day I was targeted for the traditional leg pull.One of the gaffers said[Go to Albert in the fitters shop and ask him for the long stand],so off I tootled and did as told.Albert said[stand there son I,ll sort you out in a minute].After 30 mins he said[i cant find it go to Bill in the garage and ask him for it],this I did,same routine,sent to someone else after a long wait.Three hours later I was sent back to were I,d started with the message it was missing.The penny dropped when everyone started laughing their heads off !.Did you have anything similar pulled on you as a new employee green as grass?.

HI Tup l started as an apprentice cabinet maker at Cockaynes and miine was having my trousers pulled down, and my private parts smeared with the glue brush what a mess, then l was sent to the machine shop fo the long stand,sent back to the shop with a tin of frys breakfast cocoa to change it for dinner cocoa,and several other legpulls and when l was sent for a sweep l refused to go, despite being told several times it was not a joke, finally Len Blackledge, a nice chap, went for

it himself and explained to me why it was called a sweep, it swept round in a curve, happy days 74 years ago Skeets

I was asked for a number on my first week as trainee telephonist - 'get me gold foil' I searched for ages until I was told it was Gulf Oil