Job Center on West Street

First time i want to the jobcenter on west street, i have never seen so many losers, unemployable and low life in one area, no wonder those people who work there look so misable,

At least you fitted in though, that must have been nice for you!

they are so rude in that jobcenter!!

The people who what? there "work" best joke heard in a while that one. What a shambles.

You won't get much joy from them, every time I've dealt with the West St plebs has been a pain in the goolies! :rant:

Back when I applied to South Yorkshire Police Specials last August the Disability Employment Advisor there told me the Police were exempt from the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), I thought that was probably wrong so I googled it and found out that only the Armed Forces are exempt! :loopy:

They also have computer database systems that clearly are out of date and don't work! :rant:

Edited by Rich
Edited to slightly less flame bait

Used to sign on there 10 years ago and was just the same then. The staff tipped me off to sign on Friday afternoons when most of the chavs are down the pub. Used to breeze in and out in 10 minutes. Helped that I went armed with my cv ready prepared and a list of companies I'd applied to each week. Help the poor staff there who have to deal with the worst of Sheffield day in day out then they might smile (no doubt with relief they don't have to speak to another no hoper)

ALL the Job Centres are run by incompetent halfwits who could no more get you a job than you could win the ruddy Lottery! :rant:

I spent 9 months on the JSA several years ago and despised every second of it! :rant:

Isn't it the Jobseeker's responsibility to find their own job? Next you will be saying you expect Jobcentre staff to actually do the job they've just found you.

Isn't it the Jobseeker's responsibility to find their own job? Next you will be saying you expect Jobcentre staff to actually do the job they've just found you.

That was the point, every job they "found" for me had already gone by the time they'd set the interview up, so I was going for interviews in office buildings in all parts of the City, and when I got there the job had akready been taken, but the job centre had failed to remove it from the boards (back then they had job boards, not on the Intermet), even now though I still buy the Star on Thursdays for the jobs pages, but lately they've shrunk to less than half a page!

There are loads of jobsites on the internet.If you have a disability go to REMPLOY they have good staff there, easy when you think about it .

The Job Centre as a whole are a complete joke, we have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with them over them past few months and OMG!! what a nightmare it has been. I am in the process of a very lengthy letter of complaint due to being at my wits end and getting absolutely nowhere with the staff by phone or in person:rant:

As someone, who has been lucky enough to have been in employment for the past 25 years, I feel for people who have to encounter this nightmare on a regular basis.

There are loads of jobsites on the internet.If you have a disability go to REMPLOY they have good staff there, easy when you think about it .

My problem is not that I expect them to "find" work for people, but the incompetance and lack of communication between colleagues. Our issue was to do with Ab1 forms and getting our mortgage paid by our insurance company, complete joke!

Remploy? I went to them in 2007, I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say it was the biggest waste of time ever... Noto to mention the fact the interviewer literally accused me of lying about every word of my CV cos I had no references! So according to her the past 17 years of my life, having worked since I went on work experience from School in 1990, was a lie! :rant::loopy: