What do you think about this idea for a new restaurant in Crookes?

Crookes is in need of a good new restaurant, I live five minutes' walk from the high street but the only place I ever go to is the excellent Zara's, as there's such as lack of both choice and quality in the area.

Casanova's isn't up to much and the grill place is dreadful - bring back Spinroc's!

Agree with all of this except the bit about Casanovas, which I like. But definitely room for a decent Spanish/Mediterranean.

Whatever it is please can it serve good coffee during the day?

No good coffee places in Crookes :-(

Mediterranean is a bit of a loose description, really. Covers all of southern Europe, western seabord of the Middle East, and all Northern Africa.

Bit more info, please; but a new restaurant is always welcome if it's good :)

what was a bookies? which firm?

The restaurant that is now Zara's was a betting shop once. In the 80's definitely, possibly as late as the 90's.

No idea which firm it was - I have a feeling it may have been one of the smaller chains like Pennine Racing.

What is Zaras like? The outside doesnt tempt me to go in at all but have heard the food is good....

I agree with some of the above threads. Having lived in Crookes for over three years I do think there's a distinct lack of good quality or reasonably priced restaurants. Still, I don't think there's room for another given that the passing trade is fairly insignificant and I'm guessing, most people who live in Crookes tend to go elsewhere for meals out.

As a Crookes resident I would love to have more variety in Crookes but if were the investor I wouldn't be too hasty.

i think a meditteranean restaurant in crookes would be good it is full of indian restaurants at mo. byo wine is a great idea too!! there is loads of pubs around for before meal as a meeting places