Sign in to follow this  

Is Warnock Mad?

Warnock offers hand to Bosnich

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock has hit back at claims he rejected the chance to sign Mark Bosnich. Bosnich's ban for cocaine use expired in September and Warnock confirmed he had approached the keeper's agent to fill an injury gap.

Source.

Yeah, it does sound strange and although I don't think Bosnich is an ideal role model for youngsters, he's done far less worse than many other Premiership footballers.

If he did buy Bosnich and win promotion, they'd both be heroes. But on the other hand if they failed...

Warnock is playing with fire here, but in his instance I hope his gambles pay off

I don't see what the big problem is to be honest, he's a good keeper (better than Baxter anyway ;)) and he's served his ban.

I hope he does sign Bosnich. A player like him can only strengthen the side, and so what if he's used cocaine? He isn't the first and wont be the last sportsperson to use it. The media makes too much of players 'being role-models for kids', sorry, but children just aren't half as impressionable as the media would like us to believe. If I copied everything football players did I'd be a wife-beating, alcoholic, gambling junkie by now.

Half the students in Sheffield have tried class A drugs at some point anyway, I suppose their role-models must have failed them in their youth.