Rave / Loud music - May Day Bank Holiday weekend 2011

Its a bank holiday weekend- let them enjoy themselves.

Erm...how about NO? Not when it affects others getting on with their lives!

Just looked at the Council website - it suggests ringing 101. cuts off soon as you ring. Tyry 3 times. Back to the website which sends me to DirectGov website which sends me back to the Council find another number - Commericial and Public Protection Team. Asks me to press 1 if I have a stray dog. Hmmmmm....

Let the council know what happened tell them that you will be taking it up with your MP and or councillor they will get back to you in an effort to gt your vote on the 5th. Sad but true.

Dj gravy is here for a one off. Keep groovin guys

get a job jackass, then you'll know what going without sleep does when you have important things to do.

Aaaah, OK. That explains things. I'm in Heeley too and I was awoken around this time by the thumping of the bass. I couldn't work out what where it was coming from but it did seem quite a way away.

It's stopped here now but woke me up at 2:30.

I am in heeley.

There was a warehouse party/rave on Attercliffe on sat/sun, next to the river on Norfolk bridge. Think that'd be the cause?

there's a new 'club' attercliffe way which is just a warehouse really. they are using temp entertainment licences to put on commercial events, but the building is not sound insulated at all. they had an all night event on sat night and the bass can be heard in pitsmoor. maybe the noise from this place is what some folk are hearing?

I think someone already mentioned they thought it was Kabal (in post 2) but on their facebook page they said they got shut down early on, so not sure it was them. Given the five-o station is nearby in Attercliffe I can't see it being there

Sorry if this has already been discussed but couldn't find anything, but does anyone know where the music was coming from?

Speaking as an ex raver myself, i can assure you that most of the 'ravers' DO work. As for the rave organisers, they usually have to work to pay for the expensive sound systems/rigs they need.

As for keeping you up all night-hmm, a bit of an exageration eh? Its a bank holiday weekend- let them enjoy themselves.

There, now you can call me a 'prat' as well :roll:

SPOT ON! I am a current raver, and I completely agree with you. We all have jobs, and we just love having a good time. Its not our fault that people can be so stuck up and complain from hearing distant noise. Its not the end of the world. And now I take pride in being able to be called a pratt for what I enojoy doing.

SPOT ON! I am a current raver, and I completely agree with you. We all have jobs, and we just love having a good time. Its not our fault that people can be so stuck up and complain from hearing distant noise. Its not the end of the world. And now I take pride in being able to be called a pratt for what I enojoy doing.

name calling is a bit too far but if the noise kept a doctor/surgeon awake all night and then they made a mistake - you would be sorry :rolleyes:

Even if I wanted to call you a pratt, I wouldn't shout it across Sheffield out of respect to those who might be sleeping.

Get over it its done now