4 year old asked to pull her dress up to cover her chest

Well I'm in my 30's now but when i was a child i was subject to 4 men trying to bungle me in to a car and also had some old peado try and touch me in a VERY wrong way. In the latter case it was someone from a well respected coach firm. In the former it was a relative of someone who owns a shop in Sheffield.

Don't try and say it's down to the press. Press only highlight what is going on around us when it comes to this.

I was taught as a kid not to take sweets from strangers, not to go see puppies etc etc. You are same age as me, so I'm guessing the same. I didn't need details, as I wouldn't have understood them anyway.

You knew what was wrong with what you suffered, when you was young, as you have posted that very thing.

Whether or not you were topless or not, would have been completely insignificant in both cases. As is the case with tiptop's situation. And that is where the media plays its part - frightening people into thinking that everyone is a paedo, when in reality, most people in primark are looking for £2 tights and cheap clothes, rather than looking for random topless boys or girls to snatch.

Whether or not you were topless or not, would have been completely insignificant in both cases. As is the case with tiptop's situation. And that is where the media plays its part - frightening people into thinking that everyone is a paedo, when in reality, most people in primark are looking for £2 tights and cheap clothes, rather than looking for random topless boys or girls to snatch.

I see where you are coming from ash and i would LOVE to agree with you but i am afraid i can not. I would prefer to air on the side of caution and keep my daughter covered.

I don't think the media portrays everyone as a peado. It is simply highlighting what was always there.

My bold:= then the manager should have been sent for.

No explanation should be required for a topless four year old, maybe the bouncers conduct explains why he's only reached the dizzy heights carreer wise of bouncer at Primark.

BTW which branch of primark was this?

Shock, horror - Bassman and I in agreement for the second time this year.

If i would have had more time to think about it i would have done, but my instant reaction was just to get out of there. Yes i presume it is just policy he was following.

I know what you mean, you're just so taken aback you don't even think of an answer. You can't help but feel like you've done something wrong- you really haven't though- and you put your child's needs first.

When I was almost full term with my first child back in the summer of 2008, I visited Primark at Meadowhell. It was piping hot and I had a bottle of water in my hand. I took a drink outside the door before entering the shop then walked in with the bottle in my hand (with the lid on). I then picked up a few cheap tops and was walking round the door area and the security guard came up to me and told me I wasn't allowed in the shop with my drink. I told him the lid was on and i wouldn't be drinking out of it til I got outside. He rudely replies that I wasn't allowed to bring my drink in the shop, and I didn't have a bag to put it in, so I said I haven't got anywhere to put it. The stupid plonker then told me to put it on the floor outside the shop until I'd finished. At this point I was getting peed off and I didn't wanna leave my bottled water outside incase anybody did anything to it with me being pregnant and all. Then the twit told me to leave at which point my preganancy hormones kicked in and i threw the tops at him and stormed out in floods of tears. He was harsh and rude and I wish now i'd have complained

My daughter wanted to wear her princess dress today when we went shopping, about an hour into our shopping trip she was itching like mad and her chest was really red and sore. I went into Primark to buy her something cheap just to slip on till we got home. Whilst we were walking around I pulled down the straps of her dress to try and make her more comfortable but because of this, it kept falling down exposing her chest area and she was pulling at it has it was irritating her. I kept pulling it back up but whilst on our way to pay for the cheap suit I had picked up, the security guard then came over saying quite loudly to get my attention “excuse me” drawing attention from everyone around me he asked, if I could pull my daughters dress up. I just did what he had asked and scurried off very embarrassed.

I don’t quite know what to think about this, just wondered if anyone else has an opinion on the matter. Is it exceptable for a child to walk round with his/her chest uncovered? anyone else experienced anything similar?

I would have told him why she had it that way, and refused to let me child feel uncomfortable just to make him feel better, idiot and then made a formal complaint, shes 4 not 14

When I was almost full term with my first child back in the summer of 2008, I visited Primark at Meadowhell. It was piping hot and I had a bottle of water in my hand. I took a drink outside the door before entering the shop then walked in with the bottle in my hand (with the lid on). I then picked up a few cheap tops and was walking round the door area and the security guard came up to me and told me I wasn't allowed in the shop with my drink. I told him the lid was on and i wouldn't be drinking out of it til I got outside. He rudely replies that I wasn't allowed to bring my drink in the shop, and I didn't have a bag to put it in, so I said I haven't got anywhere to put it. The stupid plonker then told me to put it on the floor outside the shop until I'd finished. At this point I was getting peed off and I didn't wanna leave my bottled water outside incase anybody did anything to it with me being pregnant and all. Then the twit told me to leave at which point my preganancy hormones kicked in and i threw the tops at him and stormed out in floods of tears. He was harsh and rude and I wish now i'd have complained

You should have demanded to speak to the manager or person in charge.

I doubt if they are aware what these monkeys are doing.

You should have demanded to speak to the manager or person in charge.

I doubt if they are aware what these monkeys are doing.

unfortunately, they are, B. the crack-pot policies come from 'the top' and they're just filtered down. and because everyone wants to please the boss they tighten the 'rules' up when they pass them on-just to be safe. it's crazy a lot of times.

as for the four year old-someone probably had complained to the door-man.

and, while, if i was the door man, I'd want to tell them to go to hell almost always a 'complaint' just works on who complains first.

either way, it would be useful to know if they have a 'policy' about this sort of thing.

unfortunately, they are, B. the crack-pot policies come from 'the top' and they're just filtered down. and because everyone wants to please the boss they tighten the 'rules' up when they pass them on-just to be safe. it's crazy a lot of times.

as for the four year old-someone probably had complained to the door-man.

and, while, if i was the door man, I'd want to tell them to go to hell almost always a 'complaint' just works on who complains first.

either way, it would be useful to know if they have a 'policy' about this sort of thing.

That is why she should have demanded to see the boss, to see if the rules were his and to what extent if any they had been carried out.

I see where you are coming from ash and i would LOVE to agree with you but i am afraid i can not. I would prefer to air on the side of caution and keep my daughter covered.

I don't think the media portrays everyone as a peado. It is simply highlighting what was always there.

Fair enough, I can respect someone's answer, even if I don't agree. You have posted your reasons, which is often more than most would.

How do you get on when you go to the seaside btw?

I went to Scarborough for the weekend a few weeks ago, and the weather was beautiful. On the beach, most people... kids, teenagers, adults, old people were all scantily dressed. Surely a paedophile would get more viewing success there, than in a Primark? How do you deal with seasides and sunny days?

I'm almost in agreement with bassman for once, but to be honest, I would have just walked out and shopped somewhere else had they said that to me with my child.

At the seaside my daughter would be wearing a swimsuit. In the OP's case the little girl was walking around with a bare chest.

I have no doubt that pedophiles use beaches to satisfy their sick tastes but there isn't a lot we can do about it but be alert.

........................sadly, it is a sign of the times. That said I would have had to have a go back at the 'bouncer'.

Why?? he wasn't doing it for the fun of it.