House Moving Boxes

Hi does anyone know where I can get any large boxes from for moving house?

Thank you

Someone was offering a load on here yesterday, could see if they have any left

Hi,

We bought ours from Avante Removals when they moved us. They charged a pound each and took away what we didnt use. Oh and they delivered them for free.

Hi,

We found that good boxes are availale from places like Currys and Comet. They seem good quality as they have usually had electrical equipment in so are strong.

You could always buy them from Big Yellow / Armadillo Storage at around £3 each otherwise, what a rip off!!

One place not to use is Big Yellow!

I went in for some boxes and bubble wrap and worked out that it would hav cost over £150.00 for enough for a small 2 bed house! The cheaper ones they sell are really flimsy and the stronger ones are nearly £3 each for a standard size. They also wanted to charge twice the price of other places for a measly strip of bubble wrap. I left very quickly. If you look on the forum, you can usually get some given by people who have recently moved or, like us, visit places like Comet or Currys who will ley you have ones that have had electrical euipment in. These are usually very good. Most removal companies will supply boxes as well. Big Yellow? Don't think so!