Did you work at Morgan Fairest in the 60,s 70,s

Hi Southfork,just spoken to Ray Smith your correct he was a skinny guy with wavy black hair and he was a fitter at Morgan Fairest,he wood love to no who you are.

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 00:15 ----------

Ray Smith ex Morgan Fairest email is [email protected] if you no him give him a call. Regards Bazza63.

Hi,there,my dad worked at m.f. as a machine operator i think,his name was jim suter and lived on the hackenthorpe.He worked there late 60s & 70s.

bazzer 63.

Let Ray know that i am Frank Johnson.

I worked all over MF and by Ray`s side along with Fred Shepard and Bernard Hillbert (the CAMP one), Terry Moore and Jack Barlow.

Finished up on the frames at the top with Ted Cliffe, Bill Stewart,Charley Smith and others.

I remember going to see Acheson for a tanner an hour raise and he told me i wasn`t pulling up enough trees and so just like Ray i buggered off contracting and earning some real money.

I seem to remember bumping into Ray somwhere while contracting maybe Ray can remember.

Cheers!

hello frank dave, stewart here hope you are ok: are you retired or still in enginnering ,our bill sends his regards, i have spoken to joe recently .

hi dave huggy hear or if you like dave moore im trying to find some info on morgans pention can you ask bill and let me know ta an hope all is well with you an bill regards huggy

Huggy.

You`ll have to ask jasper 12, he`s Bill`s brother, last i saw of Bill was about 5/10 yrs ago and i`m sure it was him that told me of pension and i`m sure that he`s still kicking cos Jasper 12 passed on Bill`s coments in his post.

Southfork.

PS, i asked if Terry is still alive!

Hi Southfork, im sorry i cant answer youre question regarding barry's dad but i would i think it unlikely , i reckon its around 32 -33 yrs since ive seen barry and he must have been around the 40 mark then, so he will be early 70;s now so it all depends how long ago it was when his faher may have been opening up and driving, altho steve,barry and myself where good mates at the time alas i cant recall ever meeting their parents- strange really- sorry mate.

hi dave huggy hear or if you like dave moore im trying to find some info on morgans pention can you ask bill and let me know ta an hope all is well with you an bill regards huggy

hy dave dave stewart hear our bill says go to Norwich union for marganfairest pensions hope this helps bill sends his regards to you and your terry, hopr you are both ok:

Yes...worked in the drawing office as a young lad from 1970 to about 1978.

John Lee.....had long hair halfway down my back (always remember my then boss Ian Grant saying as long as it didn't get caught in the drawing board it was alright with him....:-) )

In my time there was Sue Woolley, Ann Steer, Bill Beardsmore, Mick Elvin, Pete Smithies, David Ashmore, Ian Grant, Paul Eldred to name a few....Phil Roberts either retired or moved on soon after I started.

On the gantry.....Alan Fisher, Ralph Cousins....

Downstairs....Terry Creaghan, Arthur Hedley, Stan Burgin, Terry and David Moore, Alan Belcher.....

Top corridor...George Aitchison, who used to put the fear of god into everyone whenever he walked in......

In the canteen...parkerised sausage sandwiches....happy days

Jasper 12,

Give my regards to Bill, and yes i am retired, had to because my wife suffered a stroke but my sons are carrying the business on.

I`d much rather be working but can`t due to being full time carer for her.

Frank.

Owdo you lot this is SYD or Keith Maddock, thanks for the memories. The pension was taken on by Norwich Union which is now AVIVA. NU contacted me and I got some cash and shares. They said it was because the pension had been converted to a policy and shares were due from when NU issued shares. Hope this helps.

jigborer,

any relation to Jesse Madock? i know his son started there but i thought his name was Peter.

Southfork.