Did you work at Morgan Fairest in the 60,s 70,s

Hiya norsch,

is your dad stiill around, if so ask him if he remembers me (frank johnson).

He was a good bloke even as foreman, if you deserved praise you got it but if you deserved roasting you got a real bollocking.

Regards frank johnson.

Hiya Guys.

I worked in the boatyard (Technovac) on the ally boats, then helped build the vac-form machine for the plastic boats, and ended up working the machine itself.

Very interesting work in there, although it caused some rancour in various places. (don't blame us, we were only doing a job).

Like others, also have a small pension, but cannot find any information out about who is holding the purse strings. Still trying, and will report back if ever I find any usefull info.

Edited by Beau Nidle

beau nidle,

A fellow called Bill Stuart who worked on the frames downstairs had all the relevant info on Morgans pension.

Unfortunately i have lost touch with him, but he did have a younger brother called Dave.

He`s bout my age and he knew Joe Moffat. If they are still alive you might get lucky.

Regards southfork.

Thanks for that info, Southfork. I'll keep on searching!

Regards,

Beau.

david stewart brother of bill stewart i worked with joe moffit , Johny shepperd, neil hobson keith hobson , ivan pickles , allan pickard ,david stennet ,roy wilkinson , derick butler, harry ledger ,jack russell george fenn , bill beavers ,arnald ballinger ,johny dimbaline.

Jasper1,

i remember most of these blokes but Bill stuart and myself worked down stairs on the frames.

Haven`t heard from Joe Moffat since he posted hope he`s ok.

Brilliant firm, brilliant work force, happy days especially on bachelor nights.

I`m trying to contact my old pal Ken Wise.

Southfork.

Hi

I worked at Morgan fairest in the 50,s 60,s and 70,s . Name Joe Moffatt. Any body remember me or worked there. :)

Thank you

Joe

hi joe moffatt hope you are ok dave stewart

hi joe moffatt hope you are ok dave stewart

hi-ya dave long time no see. nice to here from you,how you keeping.do you still live in sheffield.i live in barnsley not a million miles away.thanks for your reply,yes i am still alive.hope to here from you soon.regards joe:

hi joe i live in rotherham have any contact john sheppard last time i saw him he was a manager of a pub at bradway in sheffield saw ivan pickles a few years ago in blue bell pub aston sheffield,are you in touch with anyone from the old days at morgan fairest glad you are ok. dave stewart.

Edited by jasper12

hi dave,thanks for your quick reply.no,i have lost touch with all the lads now.it would be nice to know who is still around. even morgan fairest have gone.the building is still there though,you can get pictures of it on sheffield library pictures under morgan fairest or sorby street and google pictures.i remember john shepherd,we used to go playing darts together for cash.good times.sad they have gone.it was one of the best firms i ever worked for.great lads too.dave stennet[bENNY BEAR]phil harrison,johnny dimberline,roy knight,keith hobson,eric whiteley,alan fairfax[my cousin] he was in the fitting shop.cant remember them all.i went into the pub trade as well.gotta go now talk to you later regards joe.

hiya frank,joe moffatt here.(fossil) how are you ?i remember the lathkildale trip.phil harrison worked on the next lathe to me.i also remember all the lads you named plus eric whiteley dougie hill alan fairfax pete howard roy knight stan horton(my foreman).i remember toasting bread on the pot bellied stove in the machine shop.i recall xmas when we got our wages .we went to morgan fairest,s office where he shook hands with all the workers and gave us our xmas bonus and a box of 50 senior service fags.good old days,gone forever now.i dont know owt about the pension fund though it must owe me a few quid,i worked there for some years.i was in touch with dave stewart a few weeks ago but of the others i dont know who,s still around.lost touch years ago.i live in barnsley now.got to go now talk to you later all the best joe moffatt.

Joe, nice to know youre still kicking.Wrote you a post about Fax but it didn`t go thro. Alan and me used to meet in worksop.

Regards Frank Johnson.