Canton Orchard

Wong Ting seemed to have fallen on the wayside in standards...the dim sum were cold and tough, the staff was rude...

Dim Sum on London Road has excellent dimsum food, but their ala carte menu/dishes were only ordinary, their Singapore noodles were choking with curry powder.

Try Pho 68...they do an amazing combi of Chinese Vietnamese/Malaysian food that is quite remarkably good. And definitely value for money as well! As you can see I'm quite a fan of theirs, having been in almost every week with my boyfriend, and the service is always friendly and polite.

Has anyone been here recently? if so, what did you think?

I was thinking of going here this weekend -

I went about 6 years ago and it was good but going off some reviews on here, Im not sure if its a goer anymore....??

Thanks!

Went in the other night at about 9pm. Nearly empty. Ignored for about 10 minutes. Then told it was "a bit late to eat".

Rescued the night by walking over to Panahar where they were glad to serve us.

Canton Orchard looks lovely from the outside, it felt cold and miserable inside.

I've not been for a while. Heard it was a 'classy' restaurant - came away disappointed with the food, the service and the whole experience to be honest. Best part of the visit was the pre meal pint at the Ranmoor Inn! Won't be returning - not awful, but simply not good enough.

Went in the other night at about 9pm. Nearly empty. Ignored for about 10 minutes. Then told it was "a bit late to eat".

Rescued the night by walking over to Panahar where they were glad to serve us.

Canton Orchard looks lovely from the outside, it felt cold and miserable inside.

That's ridiculous, but very funny. Is it a restaurant or isn't it? I don't get it.

One wonders why this place is still in business. It seems to have been not very good and not very busy for several years. It can't be much of an earner. They would make a fortune if they sold up and it was turned into the inevitable block of 'apartments' (flats).

I've been a couple of times, I always remember the waiter being a bit like Basil Fawlty and the food being average and the service haphazard to say the least.

When I want a nice Chinese I always go to China Rose in Bawtry. 10/10 every time.

Me and my family used to go to Canton Orchard alot years ago but stopped going once every food we ordered were too salty. The manager back then was nice. Anyone recommend going? I want to see if its changed from about 8-9 years ago. If so, any dishes in particular? I need to get out of my usual chinese dishes i order from noodle inn and dim sum!( They do good food for affordable prices as im sure many of you will know!)

I am a regular visitor to the Canton Orchard and think it is great and always a delight, i understand some people have had some bad experiences but hope this does not put other people off coming to this place. I love the food here, it is the tastiest chinese food Iv had in Sheffield, yes it is more expensive then the average chinese, but I think it is well worth it.

The decor has character, a charming manor house like theme. The manager is always friendly, charming and generous everytime me and my family and friends go so really do not understand why there seem to be some negative reviews about him. Maybe you have to catch him on a good day ha!

I also found a recent article about this place this year that might interest people:

http://www.regionalmagazine.co.uk/RMC_Extra/Review.asp?id=707