Parking tickets at Ladybower Reservior

I have seen a few threads on here about un enforcible parking tickets, i went to Ladybower Res at the weekend, and i noticed some Warden Type looking gentlemen in green trimmed hats slapping tickets on cars parked on grass verges...i felt really sorry for some of the recipients, as they didnt look like they had done anything wrong...It seems they just hadnt gone to the official car parked and paid a fee, so they hot punished for it..

But how long does it take until the verges are ruined?

There's a reason car parks are built to a certain size, but some people don't seem to understand that when a place is full they should go elsewhere and remember next time to leave earlier if they want a parking space.

Or would you prefer that more car parks are built and the valley - which is already a smog trap - gets even more polluted?

But how long does it take until the verges are ruined?

There's a reason car parks are built to a certain size, but some people don't seem to understand that when a place is full they should go elsewhere and remember next time to leave earlier if they want a parking space.

Or would you prefer that more car parks are built and the valley - which is already a smog trap - gets even more polluted?

What they should do is make more use of the available space, there is a miss shaped car park that bends and twists in such a way, that the limited space is not used effectively, they should redesign it, level it all off for maximum parking, and while they are at it, take down the snack cabin and give people what they want, a McDonald's or such..

well if there is double yellow lines then they gonna get a ticket, if not then sounds like its a parking charge notice!!!

It seems they just hadnt gone to the official car parked and paid a fee, so they hot punished for it..

There are three free parking areas on the road from Ashopton viaduct down to Fairholmes before you get to the fee paying car park.

take down the snack cabin and give people what they want, a McDonald's or such..

I think most folk who visit Ladybower would prefer the snack cabin.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

well if there is double yellow lines then they gonna get a ticket, if not then sounds like its a parking charge notice!!!

A solid white line at the road side means "No Parking" - doesn't have to be double yellows.

OP: "Didn't do anything wrong" - would that count when an accident is caused by people having to cross the road between parked cars thus with reduced visibility?

A solid white line at the road side means "No Parking" - doesn't have to be double yellows.

OP: "Didn't do anything wrong" - would that count when an accident is caused by people having to cross the road between parked cars thus with reduced visibility?

Cars were not obstructing the carriageway at all, they were parked on the grass, completely off the road, my point is, they were not official traffic wardens..?

It's my understanding that parking on verges is not permitted. So I'd imagine they were official wardens, and that the tickets are enforcable.

I have seen a few threads on here about un enforcible parking tickets, i went to Ladybower Res at the weekend, and i noticed some Warden Type looking gentlemen in green trimmed hats slapping tickets on cars parked on grass verges...i felt really sorry for some of the recipients, as they didnt look like they had done anything wrong...It seems they just hadnt gone to the official car parked and paid a fee, so they hot punished for it..

No sympathy

It's my understanding that parking on verges is not permitted. So I'd imagine they were official wardens, and that the tickets are enforcable.

They had green trim on their hats. Which to me indicates some kind of ranger/warden, thus not having any legal authority..

Cars were not obstructing the carriageway at all, they were parked on the grass, completely off the road, my point is, they were not official traffic wardens..?

Rules is rules.

I once asked a traffic warden what would happen if I parked here. Quite rightly (though mildly irritatingly at the time) she told me she'd give me a ticket. Even though the road marking had been rendered pointless, it still had to be obeyed.

More opportunity for interpretation leads to more opportunity for abuse.