Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

Hi everyone just to clarify the date for our last car boot this year.

Loxley Recreation Ground, 18th September, sellers 7.30am, buyers 8.30am or as soon as cars are on the field.

We are not having one on 2nd Oct it will be on 18th September instead

I hope you all see this it has been alterered on the listing at beginning for 2/3 weeks.

Hope to see you all there and the weather is kind to us too!:)

Edited by Purplecat21

Well sunday the 4th was a bit embarrassing for Owlerton!!!! Although after 97 phone calls for traders wanting to pre book and the two bouncy castles on order I think the rain destroyed all chance of it being the fun day we wanted! were going for it again this sunday 6am - 12noon. We need it to pick up as were going to run through the winter on the car park but if the next two sundays dont show public interest were going to stop investing time into it! Come show support for local carboots this sunday at Owlerton Stadium 6am-12noon! please dont waste your time with the negative comments as we all know the rain ruined last sunday!

. We need it to pick up as were going to run through the winter on the car park but if the next two sundays dont show public interest were going to stop investing time into it!

You should just stick with this idea anyway. Since the demise of Blonk Street, Sheffield has needed a hard standing winter car boot. In the past Blonk Street used to be heaving on Sundays from November through tothe start of the "season" again in April/May.

Just seen Elsecar Heritage scheduled for 18th September as well.

01226 746746, from 10am I think it said.

Well sunday the 4th was a bit embarrassing for Owlerton!!!! Although after 97 phone calls for traders wanting to pre book and the two bouncy castles on order I think the rain destroyed all chance of it being the fun day we wanted! were going for it again this sunday 6am - 12noon. We need it to pick up as were going to run through the winter on the car park but if the next two sundays dont show public interest were going to stop investing time into it! Come show support for local carboots this sunday at Owlerton Stadium 6am-12noon! please dont waste your time with the negative comments as we all know the rain ruined last sunday!

I do hope you hang on in there and continue through the winter on the car park. Sheffield needs a permanent, all year round car boot sale. All the other car boots will be finishing now, so you could get all the booters coming to Owlerton through the winter months. As there have been 3 car boot sales taking place in the Hillsborough area during this summer, it is quite obvious that that is the area to be and that this is what the public want. Please don't give up!!!!!

I do hope you hang on in there and continue through the winter on the car park. Sheffield needs a permanent, all year round car boot sale. All the other car boots will be finishing now, so you could get all the booters coming to Owlerton through the winter months. As there have been 3 car boot sales taking place in the Hillsborough area during this summer, it is quite obvious that that is the area to be and that this is what the public want. Please don't give up!!!!!

I agree, it was only the bad weather that stopped me from going on Sunday, and I think the car park will be better than inside the stadium, so good luck with it!

Hi everyone just to clarify the date for our last car boot this year.

Loxley Recreation Ground, 18th September, sellers 7.30am, buyers 8.30am or as soon as cars are on the field.

We are not having one on 2nd Oct it will be on 18th September instead

I hope you all see this it has been alterered on the listing at beginning for 2/3 weeks.

Hope to see you all there and the weather is kind to us too!:)

Hi,

How do we book etc please? I've never done a carboot before have you any tips....do clothes sell well?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how much it is for a car at Thorpe Hesley pls? Do I have to book my car in?

Apologies if this is posted somewhere but I couldn't see it on the first page.

Thanks in advance.

Car Boot Sale

Saturday 24th Sept gates open 8am

Kelford School

Oakdale Road

Kimberworth

Rotherham

S61 2NU

tel; 01709 512088

stalls must be pre booked by phoning the above number £5 each entry to public is free

this is our 6th car boot and all have been very successful and really busy

for more information telephone school and ask for Dawn between 9am - 3pm

CAR BOOT @ BOLE HILL VIEW RECOURCE CENTRE

Saturday 10th September

2 Eastfield Road

Crookes

Sheffield

S10 1QL

ALL PROCEDES GO TO BOLL HILL VIEW COMFORT FUNDS

STARTS AT 9 UNTILL 12

ANYONE WELCOME