Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

Am planing on my first car boot next weekend, where are next weeks events?

Thank you.

Agree totally regarding Owlerton Carboot today. . . .After the hype of the post advertising this Carboot I was expecting something really special. What a waste of time. . . .Should have been paying us 50p to go in. . . .definitely won't be going again.

:(

CARBOOT SALE / FAMILY FUN DAY @ OWLERTON STADIUM HILLSBOROUGH

2pm onwards, bouncy castles etc. only one in the area! the interest shown in selling is unbelievable! Expected to be very very busy!

We have learnt from our mistakes and can assure everyone that the amount of sellers will exceed anyones expectations.

Yeah, we've learnt from our mistake, too.

We went, and it was total crap.

Never again....

now that the hillsborough arena has ended .i'm more inclined to check this one out ... 70p entrance fee trumps £2 rtn bus fare .. there's one bus per hour to get to loxley ( the other bus takes you long way and i'm looking at 40 mins bus journey) 61/62

Sorry to hear you had probs with bus but unfortunately they won't improve especially on a sunday. You can catch the 14 also to get to Loxley I know bus fares are expensive but we had lots of cars even though the weather was bad. Last one on 16th September for this year

Car Boot sale Saturday 17th September at the Venue Stocksbridge £8 per car payable in advance call 2838692 to book. Car boot open to public from 10.00 am.

Thorpe Hesley was good on Sunday, lots of cars standing on a big field.

Seemed to be lots of cars parked outside for punters but not many wandering about or so it seemed. Might be just due to size of the field.

Next one is Sunday 18th September and I think they said one towards the end of October as well.

Think Paces has done for this year.

Thorpe Hesley was good on Sunday, lots of cars standing on a big field.

Seemed to be lots of cars parked outside for punters but not many wandering about or so it seemed. Might be just due to size of the field.

Next one is Sunday 18th September and I think they said one towards the end of October as well.

Think Paces has done for this year.

A lot of cars parked outside to avoid paying 50p to park, but causing some serious safety issues on the main road. There was also a motorbike rally next door which would have added to the conjestion. Personally I paid to park and was parked right next to the action which helped when carrying the bigger items! I escaped just before the rain. Had gone to Doncaster Keepmoat before hand but it was unusually quiet so cut my losses!

Ben

Hello everyone and surfinjim! Good on y'for taking over the thread.

I've finally found a half decent car boot here in West Wales. It's small but friendly and does lovely breakfast baps!!!

Sorry to hear you had probs with bus but unfortunately they won't improve especially on a sunday. You can catch the 14 also to get to Loxley I know bus fares are expensive but we had lots of cars even though the weather was bad. Last one on 16th September for this year

Think you need to liase with colugo on here who is under the impression there is one on oct 2nd???

And isn't it Sunday 18th September? Not the 16th(Friday).

Edited by sheffandy
added to text.