Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

well done SURFIN JIM for taking on the carboot megathread much appreciated:hihi::hihi:

As a newbie about to do his first car boot, could someone point me in the direction of a popular car boot local to the Sheffield/Rotherham area.

Being my first attempt a few pointers would be welcome, are electrical goods allowed to be sold?

Thank you.

As a newbie about to do his first car boot, could someone point me in the direction of a popular car boot local to the Sheffield/Rotherham area.

Being my first attempt a few pointers would be welcome, are electrical goods allowed to be sold?

Thank you.

Depends which side of Sheffield you are at.

South side, I'd suggest marsh Lane on Sunday.

North side, I'd say Thorpe Hesley cricket club this sunday.

Electrical goods are normally allowed, but you'll obviously get asked if they work. If you can prove they work (batteries/generator) you'll get more for them.

Take plenty of change and I wouldn't put price tags on stuff. It puts people off.

Hope that helps

Jim

PS If you've any football programmes, badges or tickets I'm interested!

Thanks, might see you there then:)

My Son is searching for warhammer models!!

See you soon:)

x

Chap at Donny car boot has a box full of Warhammer 40000 stuff for sale, he has been there for the last couple of weeks. It's all new and boxed. I don't know how much as it doesn't interest me.

Ben

We went to owlerton last sunday, and there were only 9 cars there! It was really empty. Which is the best one around the hillsborough area to go to?

now that the hillsborough arena has ended .i'm more inclined to check this one out ... 70p entrance fee trumps £2 rtn bus fare .. there's one bus per hour to get to loxley ( the other bus takes you long way and i'm looking at 40 mins bus journey) 61/62

Thanks Ben, yes definitely an acquired taste!!!

Do you have any details of the carboot at all as I can't say I've ever come across it.

Thanks for letting me know.

x

Is there a city centre boot anymore chaps? Like blonk street?

I have never sold at a carboot before tempted with the Owlerton one tommorrow at 2pm i have one question do the venues provide tables or is it the sellers responsibility ?

Cheers

Ian

CAR BOOT SALE CHAUCER SCHOOL - SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH

Sellers from 8am to 8.45 am start trading at 9am

Cars £5 Vans £8

Tel Chaucer School on 0114 2322338 to book a pitch.

Edited by thebiz
Wrong date

I have never sold at a carboot before tempted with the Owlerton one tommorrow at 2pm i have one question do the venues provide tables or is it the sellers responsibility ?

Cheers

Ian

Sellers provide their own tables.

CARBOOT SALE / FAMILY FUN DAY @ OWLERTON STADIUM HILLSBOROUGH

2pm onwards, bouncy castles etc. only one in the area! the interest shown in selling is unbelievable! Expected to be very very busy!

We have learnt from our mistakes and can assure everyone that the amount of sellers will exceed anyones expectations.