Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

Hi Everyone

Has anyone been to the indoor car boot at Stocksbridge? If so, is it well attended and what sort of stalls do they have? I'm thinking of standing at the one in February, but would like some info first.

Went on Saturday for appox. 10 mins. As a buyer, not a lot to offer. There's about 5-7 stalls in the first part of the building, along with a cafe and then as you go through into the second larger part...another 15-20 stalls.

Think it's a bit early in the season, as everyone looked a bit miserable...

A good mixture of the usual items, but no antique gems sat amongst the offerings.

Does anyone know if twin oaks is still running on a Saturday?

Botany Commercial Park, (Multimap) Mansfield, the biggest indoor car boot sale in the Midlands.

Situated in Botany Avenue, just off Sutton Road, Mansfield (turn right at the Bold Forester Public House). £10.00 per pitch. Booters set up from 8am (no earlier!). Public entry from 9.15am (no earlier!). BOOKING ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.

Open October – March only – not during the Summer

Anyone familiar with this one? Just found it on treasure troves website.

the last time we went to the indoor one a mansfield it was pathetic and stunk vile of urine not worth wasting your petrol/diesel to go to.

Does anyone know if twin oaks is still running on a Saturday?

Won't start up until at least Easter, if not later.

Mansfield- Botany way- don't waste your petrol.:gag:

Jim

Thank you. I wont bother wasting my time then.

We drove all the way down to the one at Creswell last week and although the people were nice and friendly, it was very small with only about 10 stalls (nothing worth a punt)

As there was refreshments and food on offer, it looked more like a community get together, than a car boot. £50p admission each too...in and out in less that 2 mins.

Hi

i'm new to this discussion, didn't realise boot sales are so big and happen during the winter months.

I am thinking of going to Oldcoates this Sunday, just wondering if it will be worth my while, has anyone been recently, know how big it is at this time of year? thank you.

Thanks this is really useful!

Hi,we went to Doncaster car boot today and to be fair it was bigger that we expected at this time of year.Although it was 2 thirds market traders we had a good look round and got some bits n bobs.Well worth the journey and it serves to scratch an itch whilst waiting for car boot season to start:)

On Sunday 5th February there is an Indoor Table Top Sale at Westbourne School in Broomhill. 9.30am - 12.30pm, set up for sellers from 8.30am.

£8 per table (tables provided) - second hand good, no traders or food stands. Parking available in Senior School car park, sale will be in the Junior School Hall and lower yard (under cover). Refreshments available.

Money raised from table sales goes towards the Year 11 Kilimanjaro Expedition.

To book a table call 0114 2660374 or e-mail jlawrie @ westbourneschool. co.uk