Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

The Hillsborough one's not bad actually. Not epically huge, but not tiny. It also depends on the weather and how many other car boots are running in the area.

The Don Valley/Arena one isn't there any more, it's now at Owlerton dog track. I've been to that one the second or third time after they'd moved, and it wasn't great, but Hillsborough and Tesco were both on that day too, so the available sellers were probably spread a bit thin!

Bowshaw has stopped for the season, I believe. It wasn't on last week, and had a search for more info after that.

Thank you, so tomorrow its just hboro arena? :)

Thank you, so tomorrow its just hboro arena? :)

Hillsborough and Owlerton are on :)

What time does Loxley start today

What time does Loxley start today

bit late in replying, but according to the first post, sellers in from 8am, buyers in from 9am

or is there one at don valley and how much?

I'm not aware of one at Donvalley? I think Old Coates was £7 the last time I did one in April?

bit late in replying, but according to the first post, sellers in from 8am, buyers in from 9am

Basically it's one of those where if you go at half eight, they'll make you wait until the stroke of 9 before letting you in, and if you go at five to nine you find that everybody else got in at half eight. :hihi:

I went this morning and bought a grand total of nothing. To the bloke who was charging a fiver each for LP records which would be on sale for a quid anywhere else, I hope that planet you come from is nice...

Hello metalman, unfortunately you can buy tat vinyl for a quid a piece but if you want to buy rarer records you pay a bit more.... a couple of people understood that today and bought 7 in total.

to be honest Loxley was poor today, very quiet but the staff were very nice, they did say somedays are busier than others

That was you, was it? Well you had one or two rarer ones in there but I wouldn't call things like the Police very rare at all. Lot of the stuff in there you could find at almost any boot if you ask me. I'd have been tempted by a couple if they'd been cheaper, that's all. Just my opinion though - you obviously did alright.

I was open to bartering thats the idea of car boots, but ii am glad I sold some records as it was so quiet, maybe I picked a bad day

HI all i was just wondering if any one know's if there was any good auctions places for

2nd hand item's, bulk buying , pallets, large quantity of stock etc.

i would most appreciate it thank's.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Hillsborough Arena Carboot finishes on the 21st or if the last one is the 28th. On the first post of this thread it say's that the Carboot is running until the 28th August but one of the booter's told me today the the final one for this year is next Sunday which is the 21st??

Thanks

x