Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

do you have to ring and book in for the bowshaw one or is it just a case of turn up on the day

Barlow. disappointing,

Meadowhead, disappointing, too many traders.

My point is that it was a trader bun fight, your average bargain hunter doesnt stand a chance. The set at meadowhead just made it more difficult. Basically it was just like a plague of locust just working down the line car by car picking over the good stuff as they went.

Get the cars in lines, get them in quicker and it makes it an even playing field.

do you have to ring and book in for the bowshaw one or is it just a case of turn up on the day

Just turn up.

Just turn up.

thanks what would be the best time to turn up to get a stall, as we did marsh lane last year got there half hr early and only just got on

From a sellers point of view meadowhead was great, i understand the frustration from the buyers but I can't complain when I sold so well! To be honest, I didn't really notice how busy it was but i did have a few people come round 2 or 3 times and kept on buying from me each time. I had quite a big plot but everything was on tables and easy for people to see if just walking past. At other carboots, when space is limted, i think things look cluttered and don't sell so well.

Woodseats Primary School, this Saturday, selling from 10.00am until 2.00pm plenty of space for stallholders and buyers alike. Refreshments available. £8.00 per car and £12.00 for large vans to stand and 20p each admission. Please ring Jacky on 07870502699 to book/enquires. In aid of the Alzheimer's Society :)

thanks what would be the best time to turn up to get a stall, as we did marsh lane last year got there half hr early and only just got on

They start arriving from 5-30 but 7am is when it gets busy.

thanks hun you just gave me an extra 30 mins in bed lol

Does anyone know if there is any carboots this saturday ? if not where is there any on bank holiday monday.

yeah twin oaks carboot is on do you know where that is xx

hiya dannibaby where is twin oaks carboot and is it sat or mon. thanks.

Threads merged. Please use the search facility before starting new threads. Thank you.