Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

70p to get in what a joke car boot sales are milking it big time they used to be free

The likes of Paces, Tesco & Hillsborough Arena are free. This is the first one to my knowledge that people (buyers) have been charged to enter the car boot. It makes you wonder how many people are willing to pay to look around a car boot. I'm not saying that it will be bad, but I'd like to see how many people do pay and how successful being charged is. So before I make an opinion I'm going to see how it goes. :)

Hi , in reply to when is Listerdale carboot on, its this Sunday . Its alway a good one fully booked so plenty of variety . It starts at 8.30 Listerdale Junior School , Bawtry Road , Listerdale , Rotherham . Hope this helps .

can anyone tell me if junction 29 carboot is open please

marsh lane carboot opens on the 10th of april just called them

also the other one at the nags head roundabout (that what is was called is the same date )

they is a banner on the gate

Twin Oaks is April to October.

Dread to think how much admission will be this year.

And as for having the back of your hand stamped to nip out to the toilets...

Words fail me.

Edited by toploader

That link looks useful. Unfortunately the info about Marsh Lane is wrong. It def isn't on all year round. You can contact the organisers by phone. The number is listed on the first post.

Went to nearly new sale babies clothes and equipment at st Thomas Church in Crookes. It is such an inappropriate place for mothers with small children, it kind of looses the effect of being sale for children.

There were so many stairs and narrow pathways to walk so impossible to get the push pram. Not child friendly accessible at all.

But I have to thank the sale helpers ladies who were so helpful, without their help we could have not been able to do it.

ismarsh lane car boot open tomorrow?

Hi Natalie

I'm afraid not, 10th April start (see post 67)

I think everyone is getting carboot withdrawal!!!:D:D

John:)

When does Thoresby reopen? Says 21st March on first post which is tomorrow-Monday, and the link goes to the website but no info there x

Did anyone make it to the King Edward VII car boot/fun day today?

I walked up the hill to Glossop Road, and it was deserted! Only on getting back, did I find there's another King Edward VII school in Crosspool.

Also, been wanting to check out Marsh Lane for the last couple of years, are there any recommended bus routes that head out that way at that time in the morning?

Love this thread btw... always bookmark the new one each year, and check it ruthlessly during the week :D

yes i went to the king teds one , not much probably there about 15 cars and just the usual school car boot stuff , kids toys,, books and clothes so you didn,t miss much i didn,t buy anything .