Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

I don't know whether the saturday morning indoor car boot on Fitzwilliam Rd has finished, but the place was all locked up and deserted last week.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it

Just to let everyone know that the Rotherham Car Boot scheduled for tomorrow is cancelled, Grant is having a lot of phone calls about it so thought I could let everyone know before you ring him and disturb him.

Many Thanks

Holly

well as this said that marsh lane opened again in march .. ive been today and it wasnt there :( tar very much -_- wasting my petrol !
I can see how that could be misleading. However, Marsh Lane is faded out and if you read the post, it makes it clear that only CBs in bold type have restarted for this season. Marsh Lane does start in March, but there's no start date as yet.

Sorry you had a wasted journey and I do say in the first post you need to check before you set out. There's a telephone number given for Marsh Lane. So I think you wasted your own petrol.

Edited by RozeePozee

Hi

I've seen this article on BBC about car boot sales which will take place again in Sheffield starting in April. It said:

"The change in council policy, which was introduced in January, means that companies and community groups can apply for a licence to hold a car boot sale on privately-owned land, which was prohibited in the previous policy."

I understand that there hasn't been any car boot sale since 2008 in Sheffield. I guess this is a good thing now. Does anyone have Mr. James Watkins, who runs Yorkshire Car Boots, contact details. I wanted to ask him a few questions.

Thanks.

julie r

have a look in tonights sheffield star

just hope is is not another blonk street :hihi::hihi:

from the bbc sheffield website

Car boot sales can take place in Sheffield after the council revised its policy.

The city council has changed its ruling to allow commercial companies to organise car boot sales after they were previously prohibited.

The city has not seen a car boot sale since May 2008, when Blonk Street car boot ceased trading after the council, which ran the market, sold the land.

The first commercial car boot sale will now take place in April.

The council estimates that the changes will generate £25,000 a year in licence fees for the council.

James Watkins, who runs Yorkshire Car Boots, is the first person to be successfully granted a licence by the council after several years of rejection.

"I've been trying for 15 years to organise a car boot sale in Sheffield," he said. "It's always been denied due to the council owning the rights. I rang up in January on the off chance that the policy had changed and it had."

Mr Watkins has agreed and signed a contract with the council for a licence and will hold a car boot sale from Sunday 3 April at the Sheffield Arena on Broughton Lane.

"We're hoping there will be a demand for second hand goods in Sheffield," he said. "We've been talking to people in the city and we've had a fantastic reaction. At the moment people have to travel to over 40 miles to visit other car boot sales and now there will be one right on people's doorstep".

The change in council policy, which was introduced in January, means that companies and community groups can apply for a licence to hold a car boot sale on privately-owned land, which was prohibited in the previous policy.

just thought you lot would like to read this

julie r

have a look in tonights sheffield star

just hope is is not another blonk street :hihi::hihi:

So, I haven't been in Sheffield for more than 6 months now, so I don't know if there were any other car boot sales or how much people enjoy/need this. But according to this thread, I assume the Sheffielders will be happy to have a "car boot sale from Sunday 3 April at the Sheffield Arena on Broughton Lane."

Is it so? Would you, guys, go over there to have a look/buy anything?

Hi, can anybody tell me how much it is to sell at Chesterfield on a Sunday and what time it starts? is it a good one?

Thanks

so how many is going to carboot on the the 3rd of April ?? i love the carboot getting there early getting all the bargains .. seeing friendly faces i cant wait:D

What time can buyers go in oldccoats car boot tomorrow? What time does it normally finish?

So, I haven't been in Sheffield for more than 6 months now, so I don't know if there were any other car boot sales or how much people enjoy/need this. But according to this thread, I assume the Sheffielders will be happy to have a "car boot sale from Sunday 3 April at the Sheffield Arena on Broughton Lane."

Is it so? Would you, guys, go over there to have a look/buy anything?

I'm sure there will be some interest, although new car boots are often slow at first, especially early in the season. If someone can post some more details, I'll add it to the first post and more people are likely to make it. Is there a regular bus service? People often complain on here that it's hard to get to other car boots without a car.