Strange happenings in the Castle Market.

I have heard today of strange happenings in the Castle Market.

Apparently some of the stall holders who start early in the mornings and also the night time security staff have been scared to death by what can only be described as ghostly visitations.

This story has been confirmed to me by three separate stall workers who have seen people in attire from past times and on investigation have turned round to investigate further but the woman in question has vanished.

The person it seems is dressed in leather garments inc apron and leggings etc and one of the security staff was so scared when he met up with this strange night time or early morning visitor that it made him ill and he had to have time of work to recover.

As any one else heard these stories [3 separate people have confirmed them to me].

From what I recall, they used to be called 'Customers'

In the market area they were typically pale and not averse to legging it at the drop of a hat.

Apparently some of the stall holders who start early in the mornings and also the night time security staff have been scared to death by what can only be described as ghostly visitations.

This story has been confirmed to me by three separate stall workers who have seen people in attire from past times and on investigation have turned round to investigate further but the woman in question has vanished.

The person it seems is dressed in leather garments inc apron and leggings etc and one of the security staff was so scared when he met up with this strange night time or early morning visitor that it made him ill and he had to have time of work to recover.

As any one else heard these stories [3 separate people have confirmed them to me].

Whatever Wetherspoons have started selling I want a pint of it!

Don't forget that the ruins of Sheffield Castle are underneath the market - maybe something to do with that?

In the market area they were typically pale and not averse to legging it at the drop of a hat.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oh me, oh my-that made me cry!

:thumbsup:

I saw something once at Castle Market at night and as someone has shared a story I may as well share mine.

It was late, about 12:30am and I was walking down towards the bottom of the Market where the pub used to be. Anyway around the corner there was a man and a woman. She had something that looked like knickers around her ankles and he was stood behind her sort of grunting. Anyway I thought nothing about it but as I got further down the street I heard an almighty "OH YES!!". I couldn't understand it, do you think they won a tenner on the lottery?

I think they must be the same people who we saw at Rivelin Valley last weekend - but they were horizontal rather than vertical.

Mock at your peril these things can travel!

Maybe she had come looking for a Spirit Level

I read this story years ago...

There were a couple working in the castle market area and they fancied a little naughty time ;). Anyway, they found an old door. Opened it up and there was a tunnel. They decided to investigate the tunnel so went inside. After a while they became aware of someone else in the tunnel. It turned out to be a woman. The woman was beckoning the pair to follow her so they did.

After what seemed hours the tunnel ended and they came out at the Manor Castle ( i believe this tunnel is documented these days). The woman who was still facing away from the couple beckoned them in to one of the houses across the road from Manor Castle that was at the time being used as a butchers.

On the wall of the butchers was an oil painting of a Victorian (i think. like i said. It was a long time ago when i read it), woman. At this point the woman started sobbing then turned around to reveal that she had no face :o

The woman promptly vanished through a wall. Never to be seen again....

Maybe she had come looking for a Spirit Level

Listen this lass? can walk straight through a 9inch brick wall if you doubters don,t believe the story ring the powers that be at the Market in the morning and ask .Also the sucurity are having problems getting there chaps to work nights as apparantly they are all s------g themselves i kid you not!