Who remembers the Hoffbrauhaus

Yeah...it was a good night out, true....folks would say..."take your beer into the gents with you..or it will disappear."...So I got to the gents door, but couldn't get myself to take my lovely beer into a bog.... so I left it on a shelf just outside...sure enough, when I came out .. it had gone ! I can't recall why I just didn't ask my mates to watch it for me.../.but apart from that..yeah ..good times..and my wife had a brilliant hen night there..

I remember it in the early 80's. As I remember it the Hofbräuhaus didn't actually sell Hofbräu beer, the beer was Hacker-Pschorr (another Munich brewery).

Oh happy days! We had some great nights out in there.I had my leaving party there in 1975.

I remember when they didnt let lads in in gangs so the lads would hang around outside... when the groups of girls arrived they used to put there arm over your shoulder and say lets come in with you.. so the doorman would think we where couples ..once inside every one for themselves.. happydays

I used to work on the doors at the Hoffbrauhaus on Thurs Fri and Sat nights. I was there from 1975 - 1977, it was the best night out in sheffield I even had my stag do there. I had the time of my life, I can remember it like it was yesterday, all the good times and even the bad times. It got very loud and noisy as the evening wore on, and upto 1000 people got very drunk. However, I think it remained a great value for money night out. After closing time I used to work at Scamps next door from 12 til 2am with Big Joe and Little Jacky Hutson, again great nights and great people. If anyone has any photo's of that era, please let me know.

I was there every Friday night. I dont have any photos, but the images are all in my mind. It was a great time.

they sound fun, pity they dont have em any more

oh what a night ! i hadn't heard anyone say that word in about 10 years !!

was there in 68 ,had to driving home with one eye closed the world spinning round , great times

Do you remember the Hoffbrauhaus and the Oompah band, crazy nights, big steins of beer and full to the rafters with people intent on having fun.
Crazy place that was ! Loved blthe foaming beer

but blew you up big style The witch

I remember my one and only visit to the Hoffbrauhaus back in the 1970s. I made the mistake of wearing a really nice dress! I ended up falling in between the benches in a drunken haze and getting it really mucky! I also remember the song we had to sing every so often between quaffs of beer. It went something like this: "Ein prostin, ein prostin, herr gemulishstein, Ein prostin, ein prostin, herr gemulishstein - zigga, zagga, zigga, zagga, oi, oi, oi! (then repeated) - then "zigga...... zagga" " zigga, zagga, zigga, zagga, oi, oi, oi"! I can't for the life of me think why the song still stays with me!

I met my beloved there in May '72. I had been reluctantly dragged there by y friend who was fed up of me moping round after my first love elbowed me. Mr G was on a night out with his workmates. Many steins were quaffed and when Mr G passed our table to go to the gents I pinched his bum !. and th rest, as they say, is history !.Strange for a Yorkshire lass to meet her Chinese husband in a pretend German bier Keller.!

Celebrated my cousins 18th birthday there he was 49 last week time flys