Who remembers the Hoffbrauhaus

Yes, I remember that place in the mid seventies, the dancing on tables and the beer in steins. There was one before that the Bier Kellar, ,did that become Crazy Daizy, or am I confused here?

There were two. The Hofbräuhaus behind the Moor, (forgotten the name of the road or gate) and the Lowenbrau which was on High Street and was previously Crazy Daisy or became Crazy Daisy

There were two. The Hofbräuhaus behind the Moor, (forgotten the name of the road or gate) and the Lowenbrau which was on High Street and was previously Crazy Daisy or became Crazy Daisy

arundel gate, just in front of it was the underpass,and just round the corner was redgate,s toyshop the last time i pastt it it was all black painted.

The 80's band "Big Country" played there in April 1983, when it was called Dingwalls, I was backstage with them having a few beers and we were talking about the death of Pete Farndon, the original bass player of The Pretenders, who had died the day before (he was mates with Big Country), so it was definitely Dingwalls at that point, as I said earlier, I think it had stopped being a beer keller in 1982 at least

Ah thanks for that' I can,t remember dingwalls at all , remember Uriah heep next door tho . that was a top nite ! I may be right then after all ?

Ah thanks for that' I can,t remember dingwalls at all , remember Uriah heep next door tho . that was a top nite ! I may be right then after all ?

You are 100% right, would have closed 1982 or very early 1983

Does anybody remember the beer kellar think it was located somewhere over the back of the moor , a german influenced place with wooden tables ,beer served in stiens and fraulines serving at the tables had a few pissy nights there

they sound fun, pity they dont have em any more

There`s a Bier Keller opened on West Street. I personally would never go in there again. It's very expensive as well as being crap!! Not a patch on the Hoffbrauhaus.

i remember it well, strippers at lunchtime and when i was 14 got caught in there by police raid for underage drinking, oh happy days

Oh yes went there a few times remember when a coach load of miners from Barnsley smashed the place up

Hi just joined today! Looking for old friends but not sure I'll find any. Well saw your post. As soon as I saw it it made me laugh. Me and my friend used to go there and had some right laughs. I could hardly hold the big glass of lager . We also used to dance on the tables , a nice trip down memory lane , thanks I needed a laugh. I see there a few who went there I remember it well. :)

Went to the hoffbrauhaus then the Northern General after around that time.