Who remembers the Hoffbrauhaus

Do you remember the Hoffbrauhaus and the Oompah band, crazy nights, big steins of beer and full to the rafters with people intent on having fun.

I went in with a mate once on a saturday afternoon where i was exposed to strippers for the first time. I wasn`t impressed as they were all really old. :gag:

Remember the scum who used to crawl under the tables nicking wallets from your jacket while you were dancing on the tables?

Just before I left Sheffield in 1974 I went to the Hoffbrauhaus. I was only 15 and it was quite an eye opener to see adults dancing on tables and acting rather suggestively.

Do you remember the Hoffbrauhaus and the Oompah band, crazy nights, big steins of beer and full to the rafters with people intent on having fun.

I've had some great nights there, used to go about 1975 every Thursday a group of girls and we used to meet up with a group of lads from Conisbrough we had some good times

I used to go with my mates in the early 70's, we were only 15/16 but had some great nights dancing on the tables......those were the days, great fun

I used to call it Middlewood with singing:D

Sure do -I had my hen party there in may 1974 -remember dancing on table -but dont remember much after that!!!

I had my Hen party there in July 1978! great night

I used to work on the doors at the Hoffbrauhaus on Thurs Fri and Sat nights. I was there from 1975 - 1977, it was the best night out in sheffield I even had my stag do there. I had the time of my life, I can remember it like it was yesterday, all the good times and even the bad times. It got very loud and noisy as the evening wore on, and upto 1000 people got very drunk. However, I think it remained a great value for money night out. After closing time I used to work at Scamps next door from 12 til 2am with Big Joe and Little Jacky Hutson, again great nights and great people. If anyone has any photo's of that era, please let me know.

I had my stag night there,in 1982. Happy days