Chase me Charlie Chase me Charlie

My mum sang it as: Chase me Charlie, chase me Charlie, lost mi leg and mi drawers. Chase me Charlie, chase me Charlie will you lend me yours. Obviously a cleaned up version, but I do like yours:)

hahaha aren't mums great ahaha it's definitely something I will always remember! x x x

AHAHAHA I think someone told my mum the clean version instead of her making it clean because I've just told her some of the ones posted on here and she laughed so much and looked shocked at the same time! hahaha

If you are still interested you might like to know that Chase Me Charlie was written by Noel Coward for his revue "Ace of Clubs" and is nothing like the versions quoted in this forum. If you search for You Tube Chase Me Charlie you should get a video of an American girl singing the orinal words.

My mum sang it as: Chase me Charlie, chase me Charlie, lost mi leg and mi drawers. Chase me Charlie, chase me Charlie will you lend me yours. Obviously a cleaned up version, but I do like yours:)

That was my mums version too

It is satisfying to see what well brought up children you all were, whose mothers cradle songs were all about such things.

Makes me proud to be a Sheffielder. :D

Oh I remember my late nan used to sing that decades ago!:thumbsup:

My Nan always sang this to my children when they were babies as well. She passed in 2016. She was born and raised in Derbyshire (Sutton in Ashfield to be exact) and emigrated to Canada after WWII, so I’m pleased to say that the song now lives on in Canada ❤️ Her version went like this:

We’ve got some chickens in our backyard

They feed on Indian corn

Some have legs, and some have pegs, and some have nothing at all.

So chase me Charlie, round the barley

Catch a leg of me drawers 

And if you find ‘em, never mind ‘em, stick ‘em onto yours!

An old family version (all Sheffielders) was:

The cat flew over the garden wall and tried to cackle the hen

Mi mother came out and shouted out you buggers are at it again

Chase mi Charlie chase mi Charlie lost mi leg in mi drawers

Chase mi Charlie chase mi Charlie will you lend mi yours!